How.. To delete channels?

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
So yeah. Everybody Votes has been fun and so has news....

But I wanna get rid of 'em.

Now, common sense tells me, "Hey, I'll just go to data management and delete the file on the wii console! Easy as that!"

Well, common sense was wrong. You can delete it... Channel will be there....
Reset the console... Data is BACK.

Anyone know how to delete channels?

I don't think you can delete the news channel, it's built in. You can move it to the very back of your channels list by dragging it with A+B.

I'm pretty sure you should be able to delete everybody votes. Go to Wii > Data Management > Channels.

You probably went to Wii > Data Management > Save Data.

I haven't deleted anything yet so I'm not positive but it seems to me that this would be how.

Try putting it onto SD card and then destroy the SD card, makes sense...

Skorp said:
I don't think you can delete the news channel, it's built in. You can move it to the very back of your channels list by dragging it with A+B.

I'm pretty sure you should be able to delete everybody votes. Go to Wii > Data Management > Channels.

You probably went to Wii > Data Management > Save Data.

I haven't deleted anything yet so I'm not positive but it seems to me that this would be how.

Bah! How could I miss that?! To think I passed it up so many times!
I think I'll go crawl in a corner right now.
Maybe even cut myself.
With a plastic butterknife.

Oh yeah :thumbsup: I'm that hardcore.

George said:
Try putting it onto SD card and then destroy the SD card, makes sense...
LMAO!!! :lol: That's an awesome idea. :) You just HAVE to destroy the SD card. :lol:

I haven't deleted any channels yet...but you shouldn't have to. I'm not blaming you, i'm blaming Nintendo, there should be just one channel that all your VC games on that one channel, instead of each one taking up a freakin space...bad move on Nintendo's part. Hopefully they fix this soon. :)

ssbb_lover said:
there should be just one channel that all your VC games on that one channel, instead of each one taking up a freakin space...bad move on Nintendo's part. Hopefully they fix this soon. :)

Personally I prefer the VC games to each take their own channel. I think its cool this way. And you have more pages of channels its not like you're hurting for space. I dunno how many channels nintendo plans on releasing but either way I like it how it is. What would have been really nice is if they had a 2 disc changer in the wii. So you could have two channels for discs and wouldn't have to change the discs as often. I'm paranoid about scratching stuff so I dislike changing the disc alot. But thats me.

i personally haven't deleted any channels but i am not so sure if you can. i thought you could only delete VC games.

even if you get bored of the channel, you shouldn't try to delete it. cause no matter how much you get bored of it, one day you'll regret deleting it. I still use it every so often, not much, but I still do. don't delete it bro, just don't.

Even if you delete it, you can still re-download a VC game for free at the shop channel. So if it's a game like Super Mario (NES) or Sonic, it's no problem because you don't have any saved data.

Trulen said:
Bah! How could I miss that?! To think I passed it up so many times!
I think I'll go crawl in a corner right now.
Maybe even cut myself.
With a plastic butterknife.

Oh yeah :thumbsup: I'm that hardcore.

isnt it suppost to be a lady bic razor with a moisture strip???? ;)

ETA- if youve never seen "empire records" you should go rent it. the movie is too funny. also, i deleted everyone votes cause i hate it and its really stupid :( kind of makes me a bit angry

Back