"How To Edit A Post" Tutorial

ssbb_lover

Novocain Stain'd
Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Okay newbies, READ AND LEARN. This is how to EDIT a post.

DO NOT double, triple, or dare I say quadruple+ post!

This is an example of what NOT to do.

NONONO.png

Not only does it show that this member posted 4 consecutive times, but he continued to post over 6 times. DO NOT DO THIS!

Instead, click the edit button which is circled in this next picture.

YESYESYES.png

If you want to add something to your post, and no one else has posted after you yet, just click the "EDIT REPLY" button!!! It's so simple, but it goes a long way.

After clicking the "Edit Reply" button, you can click on the "Go advanced" button in the following picture...

GOADVANCED.png

...After clicking this you will be able to find a text box that is labeled "Reason For Editing" as shown below...

REASONFOREDITING.png

...Here you can explain to the other members why you are editing, this is not necessary, but if you feel you have to give an explanation, type it here and other members will be able to see your reason.

FINALLY, REMEMBER THIS STEP ABOVE ALL!!! The most important part is actually saving what you are editing. Do this by clicking the "Save Changes" button in this picture...

MAKESURE.png

Remember, that is the most important step. Without saving saving your edit, you will have lost everything you just edited. A very bad experience.

Thank you for reading this tutorial, and when you see people posting 3 times or more, just PM them this tutorial, hopefully they will learn the error of their ways and carry over this good behavior to any other sites they join!

Last edited:
Stranger said:
good tut, we needed one of these. and hey! thats my thread link!
:).....

Lol, that guys posted 7 freakin times, a Wiichat record. :rolleyes: We don't make these things up ladies and gents!

Any suggestions would be schweet. It feels so short. >.< I guess it's better that it's not long, people with short-attention spans don't have to worry about it..

Stranger said:
ha, are you sure thats the record. hmmm, idk, b4 syler118 got banned last night and his posts got deleted on this thread: http://www.wiichat.com/pokemon-diam...-tons-free-darkaris-6.html?highlight=darkrais

i know he had at least 5 posts in a row. probably more than that though.

but idk if there is anything that should be added, you covered everything that is important
Alright, good. Short, sweet and to the point is enough for me.

And I think my newbie imbecile still wins the record for most posts. :)

there is one thing
you know when it says edited at say 18:45 some people are able to put a reason, how do you do that?

wii_cammy said:
there is one thing
you know when it says edited at say 18:45 some people are able to put a reason, how do you do that?
What do you mean, "put a reason"? Just put it yourself.

~*EDIT*~

I'm editing this because I feel no need to double+ post...this is a reason.

Last edited:
wii_cammy said:
no at the time bit theres sometimes a reason i think
it would jut be good to know
Look at my post above the post of yours i'm quoting right now, I just edited it so that it shows a time. You're saying there's a reason there sometimes?

I've never seen such a thing.

Good job, I see you fell into the "tut craze"..... Good to see a fellow condescending one. Syntax and demonflair are much too nice lol.

Also: you can say the reason under the text box "reason for editing". Now that vbulletin edits in the same page, you must now click "view advanced" to see the other parameters.

Brawny said:
Good job, I see you fell into the "tut craze"..... Good to see a fellow condescending one. Syntax and demonflair are much too nice lol.

Also: you can say the reason under the text box "reason for editing". Now that vbulletin edits in the same page, you must now click "view advanced" to see the other parameters.
Ahh, I see now that you've explained it.

It shall be added right away Tut Boss!

*EDIT*

Schweet, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
mr_resi said:
I cant believe people actually need a tutorial for this, if you post 6 times in a row that just scream N00B, But thanks any way
Hey, if you're on a forum/forums you get damn irritated after a while.

Just hoping this helps in the slightest bit.

Back