"How To Edit A Post" Tutorial

i think i got that in a PM from you with that link and i ended up merging all those posts in the long run hahaha

good job

ssbb_lover said:
Okay newbies, READ AND LEARN. This is how to EDIT a post.

DO NOT double, triple, or dare I say quadruple+ post!

This is an example of what NOT to do.

NONONO.png

Not only does it show that this member posted 4 consecutive times, but he continued to post over 6 times. DO NOT DO THIS!

Instead, click the edit button which is circled in this next picture.

YESYESYES.png

If you want to add something to your post, and no one else has posted after you yet, just click the "EDIT REPLY" button!!! It's so simple, but it goes a long way.

After clicking the "Edit Reply" button, you can click on the "Go advanced" button in the following picture...

GOADVANCED.png

...After clicking this you will be able to find a text box that is labeled "Reason For Editing" as shown below...

REASONFOREDITING.png

...Here you can explain to the other members why you are editing, this is not necessary, but if you feel you have to give an explanation, type it here and other members will be able to see your reason.

FINALLY, REMEMBER THIS STEP ABOVE ALL!!! The most important part is actually saving what you are editing. Do this by clicking the "Save Changes" button in this picture...

MAKESURE.png

Remember, that is the most important step. Without saving saving your edit, you will have lost everything you just edited. A very bad experience.

Thank you for reading this tutorial, and when you see people posting 3 times or more, just PM them this tutorial, hopefully they will learn the error of their ways and carry over this good behavior to any other sites they join!

Omg, seriously common sense alert, why not put up how to type in the URL of wiichat correctly, or how to click smileys:rolleyes: , or how to put in a picture, seriously guys it is not that hard, or am I just elite ? :cornut:

Close said:
Omg, seriously common sense alert, why not put up how to type in the URL of wiichat correctly, or how to click smileys:rolleyes: , or how to put in a picture, seriously guys it is not that hard, or am I just elite ? :cornut:
You are...

...most noobs do not, I repeat, do not know how to edit.

Back