How to get a Fake or Broken wii remote

wii4kids

WiiChat Member
Feb 20, 2008
My 3 year old has a tantrum everytime we play our wii. We sometimes give her a remote to think she is playing, but since they cost $40 and she is a bit on the wild side (yes we use the strap), I really don't want her having one.

Does anyone know if I can get a fake plastic remote or a broken remote to give to her so she thinks she is playing and I don't have to worry about her breaking my real ones?

look for the $10 plastic covers people replace on their remotes... like to change the remote to red... they have pink since she's a girl...

you may have to hotglue the batt cover on and hotglue weights in it... ...could be tough to fake the button action

EDIT: to help fake the feel you could add a remote jacket...

EDIT2: the remote jackets are free from Nintendo... and the best around. it's possible that you really could let her use a real remote if this jacket is on...

Last edited:
look on ebay. my cousin had the same problem. he broke 1 of my wii remotes, and damaged another. So i took the broken one, and tried to sell it on ebay when i relized, "why dont i just let him think he's playing?"
Well it kind of worked. untill he smashed it on the ground. breaking it open. He's now not aloud in my room with my wii. :lol:

Heres a link to where u can buy a broken remote for only 15$

http://cgi.ebay.com/BROKEN-GENUINE-...yZ147176QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck :yesnod:

wii4kids said:
My 3 year old has a tantrum everytime we play our wii. We sometimes give her a remote to think she is playing, but since they cost $40 and she is a bit on the wild side (yes we use the strap), I really don't want her having one.

Does anyone know if I can get a fake plastic remote or a broken remote to give to her so she thinks she is playing and I don't have to worry about her breaking my real ones?

Lol try making one out of cardboard =P

MySims said:
look on ebay. my cousin had the same problem. he broke 1 of my wii remotes, and damaged another. So i took the broken one, and tried to sell it on ebay when i relized, "why dont i just let him think he's playing?"
Well it kind of worked. untill he smashed it on the ground. breaking it open. He's now not aloud in my room with my wii. :lol:

Heres a link to where u can buy a broken remote for only 15$

http://cgi.ebay.com/BROKEN-GENUINE-...yZ147176QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck :yesnod:
That seems a bit expensive for a broken remote.

Its probably a good deal for some people who want to try and fix them. But I just want my kid to have something to hold.

Our Wal-Mart has one of those junk handheld games designed to look like a Wiimote for $10. You might try that.

As an aside, my 3 year old was playing Super Mario World the other day and got quite upset that swinging the controller around had absolutely no bearing on what the character on the screen was doing. She got really upset. Quite a generation gap there. Our kids are just going to expect motion controls.

I'd check craigslist for your area, maybe post that you're looking for a broken wii remote and name a price.

See if you can track down one of these Wii remote candy dispensers:

[MEDIA]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c304/jacobts/wii_candy_dispenser_showcase_small1.jpg[/MEDIA]

Try getting something that resembles a Remote at your local dollar store or see if you can find a Remote at your dollar store.

Back