How to get classic games on the Wii

Kitty

WiiChat Member
Feb 9, 2007
hey ppl sorry if this is a repost but i've looked at past threads and i didn't see it so here is my question. How do i get those classic games such as Super Mario Brothers and Donkey Kong onto my Wii console? Do i have to download ne thing specific if so how much would it cost if there is a cost? Sorry guys for all the question but i've gotten frustrated trying to find this since Christmas.

Last edited:
Do you actually have a Wii yet?
There is a Channel called Wii Shop where you can purchase these games. They range from 500-1000 points depending on their system.
2000 points cost $20 USD

yea i got the wii for x-mas...where would i find that wii shop? and do i need to buy that wireless router thingie?

you need to connect to the internet in the wii settings menu which can be done wirelessly. read the book that came with the wii... the wii shop is a channel on the wii's main screen

he doesn't actually have the wii. if he does, he must be joking. its not possible to know know what the channels are.

CaptainPeeJ if i still had the manual i would do that but i lost it or threw it out but either way relax. if u don't want to help then don't but u don't have to be rude.

Hi Kitty, First off you need to your Wii to be able to connect to an internet access point, The best way of doing this is with a wireless router ( I recommend netgear), Once you have established a wireless connection your pc will give you a passphrase and unique key which will only work with your wireless router.

after all is setup you can go to the options settings on your wii and setup a connection point, your wii will scan for a wireless connection and when it locates your router it will ask you for the unique key. Once accepted your settings can be saved on the wii and the first thing it will do is probably upgrade your firmware on the wii to the latest version. once all is installed you can select the wii channel from the wii menu to select and download classic nintendo games.

To purchase games you need to buy a wiipoints card from retail stores or online, These cards have 2000 points on them and you can spend the points on the various games via the wii channel. different games cost different amounts of points depending on the format of the game which also decides the age of the game. More and more games get released each week so if your on here and you see someone talking about VC or virtual console they are talking about the games available on the wii channel.

Hope this helps you out, Good Luck,
Simon

Back