How to make Wii region free

wiigotdawii

A guy who ain't named Bob
Feb 4, 2007
Scotland
How do you make the wii region free as I have heard datel's freeloader thing when is it going to be released?

Yeah ive heard about the freeloader thing too,

I would really like to buy it so i dont have to wait till next year for SSBB

With firmware update 3.0, didn't they just add the functionality to stop some of the existing modchips from working?

I don't think they've specifically disabled any modchips with the firmware update, but they did have to post a warning message with an update about "modified consoles", because modifications could (although not sure how likely it is) cause some unexpected behaviour and do bad things when updating via firmware.

I do, however, fully expect them to make attempts to disable modchips in future updates, no matter how fruitless these efforts will ultimately be. Sadly, it seems that they will also be able to lock out any cool tricks that the Freeloader will use IF it's ever released.....

Kwanzee said:
Yeah ive heard about the freeloader thing too,

I would really like to buy it so i dont have to wait till next year for SSBB
Google it...Freeloader no longer works after the new update. The different mod chips are unfortunately I guess about to be useless as well before long. Think of all the money the core of the gaming industry loses as a result of them. Plus there was just a major bust on the mod chip industry because of the illegal side of them. The feds seem to be really cracking down. Might have to stick with what you have wiigotdawii.

...apart from the Gamecube disk swap trick. That works for multi region Gamecube games on the Wii....

andyd99 said:
whats this freeloader all about?????????????
It's a disc that you put into your Wii, then take it out, put in the game from a different region, and then you can play it. It's the alternative for people that don't want to mod their consoles.

Yeah, Nintendo is really cracking down on modding now. It's interesting to see how far they'll go.

andyd99 said:
whats this freeloader all about?????????????
Freeloader allows you to play region locked games on the Gamecube, but this no longer works on the Wii after the last update. Maybe if you don't wanna utilize the extra features Nintendo has added to the Wii since release and will probably be adding in the future it will still work. You can also get it for use on the Gamecube if you still have the old cube itself.

WiiBad said:
Freeloader allows you to play region locked games on the Gamecube, but this no longer works on the Wii after the last update. Maybe if you don't wanna utilize the extra features Nintendo has added to the Wii since release and will probably be adding in the future it will still work. You can also get it for use on the Gamecube if you still have the old cube itself.

too bad updates are shoved down your throat with some of the newer games

Back