How to play MULTI-Player online.

atrepair

WiiChat Member
Apr 15, 2007
OK, so I got a Wii after a friend showed me how much fun they were because of the interactive controllers.
Now, just how do we play games with others. I want my family to be able to play games with his family over the internet. I just cant figure out how. Any one know how to get it all going? I have been told that the game software is not developed yet. How hard could it be.... I seriously doubt that it is a lack of software. I figure I dont have settings right. Everything else works, just not playing games with other Wii consoles.

Celestial said:
No online multiplayer games yet...

Depending where you live you'll have to wait for a) PAL region - Mario Strikers - Charged(25th May), or b) NTSC region - Pokemon Battle.

That stinks. I guess the ps3 is better... in some ways.

... Yeah, a good point about the Ps3, it has online play, wii doesn't, but once wii has online play, we'll have to judge which is better.

It isn't better right now. It will be soon though. The Wii needs to be online sooner than later.

With out online game play.... what the he11 good is it to be online? Email for you Mii friends, after learning how finally, it is kinda crappy compaired to just about all other forms of communication (except smoke signals). The updates, doesn't make my games play any better. The wii store, isnt that what wal-mart is for? (except when you buy something at the wii store you dont really get anything except a nontangable old game that you probably had on your nes, snes, or n64) Or that wonderfull ability to register your games online.... what good does that do since you cant play them online anyway???? I guess I dont see the point of it being WiFi.
The only truely great part about the whole thing is that Bill Gates has another oppertunity to dominate the world by improving the Xbox to have all the functions of the best.... Isnt it about time for there next console? Maybe it will have an interactive body suite, virtual world game play, HD graphics, and a cup holder.

Sure hope that Nintendo gets online game play on the top of their priority list.
It is their missing link.

Do you understand anything the Wii is going online if you live in US or Canada the first Wii online game is coming out on June 24th if you live in UK May 25th and if in Japan you all ready have WiFi (online)

That is like having a hydrogen powered car..... $h!t load of good to have one of those right now.... aint it? Why have a

Its all about timing. Some understand it.... others just wait for it. :idea:

Online play has taken over and to tell you truth some of the most amazing games don't have online FPS is really the only genre Online is good for

And you should have put this in the online section

atrepair said:
With out online game play.... what the he11 good is it to be online? Email for you Mii friends, after learning how finally, it is kinda crappy compaired to just about all other forms of communication (except smoke signals). The updates, doesn't make my games play any better. The wii store, isnt that what wal-mart is for? (except when you buy something at the wii store you dont really get anything except a nontangable old game that you probably had on your nes, snes, or n64) Or that wonderfull ability to register your games online.... what good does that do since you cant play them online anyway???? I guess I dont see the point of it being WiFi.
The only truely great part about the whole thing is that Bill Gates has another oppertunity to dominate the world by improving the Xbox to have all the functions of the best.... Isnt it about time for there next console? Maybe it will have an interactive body suite, virtual world game play, HD graphics, and a cup holder.

What are you talking about... first off yes the wii messaging is kinda awkward but its still fun. Next, what were you expecting from the first few updates they nintendo would make all your dreams come true i mean come on it has not even been out a year. Next, i don't know about your wal mart but mine no longer sales old NES, SNES, Sega, Turbo Gfx 16, or N64 games. Some of us like playing those old games that have survived the test of time and still rock. Online gaming is coming very soon and i am sure that nintendo will have done everything they can to make it perfect for us. Now about what you said about Bill Gates and Microsoft... i am pretty sure the wii sold more units than the 360 did when it was released, the wii was released with much better games, lets take some time to remember the games that the 360 launched with Perfect Dark Zero (sucked), Gun (which was also on the x-box and ps2), King Kong (sucked on all platforms) I don't recall any thing spectacular or that good coming out for a while. The wii on the other hand Launched with a Zelda Game and wii sports which was included with the system (which is a great game and almost everyone will agree). Sure it had some games that were flops but they flopped on all the other systems too like the new splinter cell game. And last the 360 has been out 1 year longer than the wii so of course its going to have thing running a little bit smoother than the wii and have a bigger library but 2 more years into this generation of gaming i am 100% sure we will see the wii on top of the competition.

atrepair said:
OK, so I got a Wii after a friend showed me how much fun they were because of the interactive controllers.
Now, just how do we play games with others. I want my family to be able to play games with his family over the internet. I just cant figure out how. Any one know how to get it all going? I have been told that the game software is not developed yet. How hard could it be.... I seriously doubt that it is a lack of software. I figure I dont have settings right. Everything else works, just not playing games with other Wii consoles.
WTF HOW DID U NOT KNOW THAT WII WASN"T ONLINE YET

Back