How to reproduce a lightning strike? Only thing that fixes!

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Well, lately, my wii's been making a noise similar to that when you put a baseball card on the wheel of a bike. That rapid rattling-type noise.

But the thing is, some months ago, my wii was on standby, and lightning struck, making the lights go out.

Next time I started a game, it made the noise. I was like, "It'll wear off..."
Well, it didn't.

Well, another storm hit some weeks later, and lights went out. Yikes!
When I got the wii up and running again... THE SOUND WAS GONE.
GASP.

So I was happy.

Until another storm hit.
Lightning.
Power out.

And the sound is back.

So, basic and primeval knowledge suggests to reproduce the lightning strike.
Impossible for my tiny brain.

Do you guys got a suggestion on how to fix this?
I don't know the name of the sound, so I can't search for it.

I'm pretty sure a human-produced lightning bolt isn't good for the wii, though :sick:

NOTE: Sound only happens when Wii is reading disk.

NOTE 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12-NW8SEnME

This guy is experiencing the same exact thing I have.
I've found two suggestions (the guy here says he fixed it by putting his wii horizontally and the other was to put a gamecube game in there, let it load, and then put your wii game in), but they didn't work for me.

Otherwise, people say it's nothing... But I don't believe 'em

I can imagine you stood there, if lightning hit again, hunched over your wii as it powered up, going "IT LIVESSSSS"
Hope this helps.

Huh well. you could turn it on and unplug it. would be almost the same as power going out. of course without the power spike. really though Idk. Good luck with it. maybe you should buy a ups for it so this doesn't happen anymore.

If you have a fuse box you could turn on your Wii and kill the power to that room.

yea or wait for another storm!!!ll:lol: :yikes: :idea: :devil: :thumbsup: :mad2: :worship:

Well. I've had my wii since December.

So I figure the warranty has worn out?
And I can go hog-wild and crack into it to see the problem?

Wasn't Nintendos warranty 6 months + an extra 3 for registering? Oh well have fun. I hope you figure out the prob. after/if you do might want to make a tutrial seems like a lot of people could use one.

Well in Australia you get a 1 year warrenty on all nintendo products im not sure about other countries.

Reverse psychology against the storm gods.

Just go outside and be like, "Whatever you do, do NOT make any storms around here, or I will be pissed, man. If you make lightning strike, I'll be so mad...", and they'll just have to be like "Oh man I'm gonna piss this guy off so bad", WHILE IN REALITY, they're just fixing your Wii.

Or call Nintendo.

My god the Wii owns... said:
Reverse psychology against the storm gods.

Just go outside and be like, "Whatever you do, do NOT make any storms around here, or I will be pissed, man. If you make lightning strike, I'll be so mad...", and they'll just have to be like "Oh man I'm gonna piss this guy off so bad", WHILE IN REALITY, they're just fixing your Wii.

Or call Nintendo.

Thats the best idea yet:wink: :wink:

Back