How to shut off Wiimote??

Diesel Weasel

Wii60 Owner
Feb 7, 2007
Boston
Wii Online Code
1576-6475-1071-6336
Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do you shut a wiimote off when it's not in use(as in player 2) but you still want to keep the system on for player 1???

Either shut off the console or let the unused Wii remote turn off after inactivity.

Found out an idea.....
go on to wiimote settings when you press the home button go to reconnect and just connect the 1 remote
easy

niiiice thinkin, thanks, good idea, the wiimotes love to eat batteries i'm looking in to gettin some rechargeables wii batteries off ebay so i won't have to deal wit them any more, but ur idea will def work for the time being

or just sit the second wiimote somewere and dont touch it until it becomes inactive.

i just do the "go on to wiimote settings when you press the home button go to reconnect and just connect the 1 remote" if u wait, it will use up battery time.

to me, taking out the batteries is a waste of time... or something that can be avoided.... thats just me? :confused:

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
Found out an idea.....
go on to wiimote settings when you press the home button go to reconnect and just connect the 1 remote
easy

i use the same method you do.
good post.
this is easier than taking out the batteries most especially if you have your "wii-condom" on. :p

Have you chkd the wiimote settings in the home menu? Otherwise im pretty sure you can't.(we'll be going through a small fortune in batteries if nintendo doesn't realse an update yo fix that :yesnod: )

You can do the Wii-mote settings and connect just the one Wii-mote for 1P, but in my opinion, there is no point, if you just let the Wii-mote sit, it will automatically shut off, the Wii-mote will not stay on long enough to drain the batteries, that is why if you play a VC game with the GCN controller then grab the Wii-mote to quit out of the game, you have to press the Home button twice, one to turn it back on, and a second time to do the desired function, also if you play a Gamecube game, the Wii goes into Gamecube (Dolphin) mode until the console is restarted keeping the Wii-mote off and unconnectable, there is no purpose for removing the batteries, just for patience

Back