how to view videos on wii?

pandahut101

WiiChat Member
Jan 21, 2007
it says on the photo channel that you can play movies off your sd card. how exactly do you do it? i heard that you can only play .mov files. i need some help and clarification.

doesnt work, i have tha same problem ive been trynig it all day

ok, i read that in the wii operations manuel or what ever. but its a load of crap. you cant play .mov files on the wii. there are some awesome progroms such as "Wii Video 9" by Red Kawa that can convert any kind of .mov files ect. into a format supported on the wii. i heard an flv format is supported on the wii. in order to use wii video 9 visit this url- http://www.redkawa.com/videoconverters/wiivideo9/. download it, get your pictures from your digital camera on the computer, slide the sd card in your printer or computer slot, and put the files on your wii. enjoy.

cake said:
ok, i read that in the wii operations manuel or what ever. but its a load of crap. you cant play .mov files on the wii. there are some awesome progroms such as "Wii Video 9" by Red Kawa that can convert any kind of .mov files ect. into a format supported on the wii. i heard an flv format is supported on the wii. in order to use wii video 9 visit this url- http://www.redkawa.com/videoconverters/wiivideo9/. download it, get your pictures from your digital camera on the computer, slide the sd card in your printer or computer slot, and put the files on your wii. enjoy.

i tried that this morning! loads of crap :D

I check around and found on Nintendo-Europe's site that the video files have to be...
#
# Video Files:
Format: AVI files encoded as motion JPEG
It also mentions some problems with playing videos on that page. For example the Audio not playing.

It took me FOREVER to get it to work! Wii Video 9 spits out a avi file, and that is what it's supposed to do.

But!

There is a limit on the resolution of the video that can be played though the wii.

So make sure that your videos are around 640x480 and it should work!

Back