How will Brawl online work?

TJgamer said:
I'll try my best here....

1. I believe I saw a japenese commercial where two people were playing one on one online. 4-free-for-all has been confirmed, so I see why there wouldn't be 3 playered online Brawls.

2.Yes, there is a colored circle next to friend's names. The cirle is color coded to show signal strength.

3.I'm pretty sure you will start a whole new match.

4.Lag seems to be small if any. As Spiff-ssbb stated there was a video on the dojo and it presented a good running Brawl.

5.No, it will not be region locked.

6.Because they have human intelligence. You could probably learn more from fighting a human player than a computer. And I would think it would be more fun. To me anyways. Oh and you can still taunt, just no message bubbles show up.

2. Is that during Friend's play only or also for stranger play?

5. So I could end up playing 3 other people, say, in Japan? Wouldn't that be lag hell? Stranger play should be region locked. There really isn't any reason for it not to be.

6. But how will you even KNOW if you're playing human players? Like that Sak dude even said, you won't even realize or notice when a human drops out and CPU steps in...

mushroomedmario said:
alright, but in order to store numbers into the phone, you have to initially add them

and guess what! once you add someone as a friend on brawl, you don't have to enter their friend code again

woah just like a phone! your first sentence was really dumb on your behalf

worser? lol

how's it bad? while your getting a friend code from someone, you could give them your's.......

omg and then they're added! woah, such a complicated procedure

oh u know that the friend codes are realyy stupid. thats why u dont see many praise being given to friend codes. it would have been better if they were like 4 numbers but 16 numbers? and u cant realyy compare a phone with a wii. two completely different things. and its not like there isnt the technology to have friend requests sent to someone. people have to come to websites to add each other. that, in my opinion, is really primitive.

^ i'm just going to ignore you, as you are too close-minded on the matter.....

Atomheart said:

5. So I could end up playing 3 other people, say, in Japan? Wouldn't that be lag hell? Stranger play should be region locked. There really isn't any reason for it not to be.

6. But how will you even KNOW if you're playing human players? Like that Sak dude even said, you won't even realize or notice when a human drops out and CPU steps in...

2. i belive so

5-no you're automatically set up to people in your region

6. again CPU's are different than humans

i.e. a CPU wouldn't use advanced techniques

Atomheart said:

2.During friend play.

5.Edit: MushroomedMario got this one.

6.I see how that could be something to ponder about. But I would think disconnects wouldn't be common. Probably happen more if people decided to turn off their Wii, just so they won't lose. I would suppose you know it's a computer when their playing style changes to that of a computer. Once you play enough computers, it's pretty easy to tell the difference IMO.

Last edited:
mushroomedmario said:
^ i'm just going to ignore you, as you are too close-minded on the matter.....

2. i belive so

5-no you're automatically set up to people in your region

6. again CPU's are different than humans

i.e. a CPU wouldn't use advanced techniques

me? how am i close minded? i am just stating few facts and my opinions.

in a close-minded way,

vashivihan said:
oh u know that the friend codes are realyy stupid. thats why u dont see many praise being given to friend codes. it would have been better if they were like 4 numbers but 16 numbers? and u cant realyy compare a phone with a wii. two completely different things. and its not like there isnt the technology to have friend requests sent to someone. people have to come to websites to add each other. that, in my opinion, is really primitive.

i don't think friend codes are really stupid, so why would i know it? That's because it's a lesser form than usernames, but not that much lesser..

4 numbers? they would run out of numbers for people

you can compare anything to anything.....and yes, both have to do with having someone else's number to contact them.....they're completly comparable

yeah and it's not like there isn't the technology to add a milkshake maker to your wii, but nintendo chose not to do it.......that would have made me happier:) weirded out, but happier

mushroomedmario said:
in a close-minded way,

i don't think friend codes are really stupid, so why would i know it? That's because it's a lesser form than usernames, but not that much lesser..

4 numbers? they would run out of numbers for people

you can compare anything to anything.....and yes, both have to do with having someone else's number to contact them.....they're completly comparable

yeah and it's not like there isn't the technology to add a milkshake maker to your wii, but nintendo chose not to do it.......that would have made me happier:) weirded out, but happier

wow never met a person who likes friend codes. can i have your autograph?
if not 4 numbers? how about usertags?
yeah but they do not serve the same function.for a better comparison, why not compare wii and 360 or ps3.
milk shaker maker is totally irrelevent to gaming whereas friend requests areif nintendo wants to enter the online field.

i think its better if we stop flaming each otehr.

Nintendo keeps warning us about lag over long distances. They are probably covering their bases, and certain areas and countries will experience more lag than others. But this still shouldn't be much of a problem for the USA. I agree we should have a feature to help us see which country we are connecting to. Based on the footage, it looks solid.

sagema said:
Nintendo keeps warning us about lag over long distances. They are probably covering their bases, and certain areas and countries will experience more lag than others. But this still shouldn't be much of a problem for the USA. I agree we should have a feature to help us see which country we are connecting to. Based on the footage, it looks solid.

If the online flops, the game is pretty much worthless (to me at least).

Atomheart said:
If the online flops, the game is pretty much worthless (to me at least).

when they did that test to see if the online works, they should have done it north america to japan. that would have been much better.

i agree that stats and such should be kept that would be a good feature, atleast for friends, and maybe a mini table for friends.

also a question, will there be 2v2 online? more specifically can you pair up with your friend and vs 2 randoms? im doubting this though...

I really don't see myself playing online very much. You know, maybe a tournament here or there, but with no Voice chat I just don't see myself getting on too often.

nic7 said:
I really don't see myself playing online very much. You know, maybe a tournament here or there, but with no Voice chat I just don't see myself getting on too often.

yeah me too. without headset, u might as well play computer with awesome AI

I think they made the AI a ton better. The videos I've seen of people playing AI they were only set 5 at the most. They also lost I believe.

So I'm guessing 9 is extremely hard to beat.

SupraKing said:
I hope the lag isn't too bad. The match they showed in Japan looked good, but then again, Japan's broadband is like 4x better than the US's.

Not even that, but just look at simple geography. Japan is a tiny little island, whereas North America is a, well, gigantic island. So there isn't lag when the distance between players is about that of LA to Las Vegas. What about LA to New York?

If there is lag, online will be essentially worthless...not that you're really losing much anyway as it's so ridiculously stripped down.

Flagship online title? LOL!

Back