How will the Dojo be affected?

The Fear

COBRA Unit
Sep 18, 2007
This World...
Mods, please DO NOT delete THIS thread. When I tried to edit my old one, it somehow got posted again instead. If you wish to delete a thread, delete the other one. =) I apologize for the double post.

Here's the other thread: http://www.wiichat.com/super-smash-bros-brawl/38936-how-will-dojo-affected.html

------------

With the delay, we obviously have a lot more time before Brawl comes out.

I'll put the statistics in a before-after scenario.

(these do not include Brawl's release day or today)

Going by North America...

Category..................Before..........................After

Days til Brawl..............50..............................119
Update Days...............35...............................85
Weeks til Brawl.............7...............................20

Going by Japan...

Days til Brawl..............39..............................102
Update Days...............28...............................73
Weeks til Brawl.............6...............................17

If I did my math wrong, please say so. (in knowledge that I don't count today or the release day, and that I count fractions of weeks as whole weeks).

Anyway, wow, big change huh? Let's assume we would get a character a week. We would have got 7 before, but would get 20 now, or if we go by Japan we would get 6 characters before and 17 now. Obviously, the latter numbers are completely outrageous, considering we would have 37-38 starter characters.

Even updates in general have more than doubled. They've been multiplied by about 2 1/2! Sakurai has quite a few more updates than before to fill, and with his normal schedule how would he do that?

It seems to me as if he's have to come up with many, many more updates and spread the characters out a lot more, so we may not get a character a week anymore. We also may not get any more double updates, and may just be reduced the normal 5-day 5-updates pattern. What do you think? How will this affect our updates?

Last edited:
ok i guess i'll post what i posted on that thread

i'm hoping after they release some info on wi-fi they close it down relatively soon, i don't want too much info, but i can't not look at it

mushroomedmario said:
ok i guess i'll post what i posted on that thread

i'm hoping after they release some info on wi-fi they close it down relatively soon, i don't want too much info, but i can't not look at it
Really? You think they'd actually close it? I guess that's a possibility, but I don't think it'll happen "relatively soon" if at all. I think he may just spread out some of the updates, and maybe just reveal even more stuff than he would have before (not including unlockable stuff of course).

i didn't say i think they would, i said i hope they do, but come to think of it, i think there's a good chance of it being around the holiday season.....just because i believe that would be a good number of info for us to know and to be hyped up over

he might start doing updates, every other day, not includeing weekends. ex: monday, wednessday, friday, tuesday, thurseday exct.

i really hope he doesnt do this. but he might

Maybe they'll spread things out a bit:

Monday: Sonic can run left!
Tueday: Sonic can run right!

Sigh...some research would do you guys wonders...if you want to get straight to the point start the video at about 9:30 into the video...which would be about 50 seconds left btw

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=lR3R804FtRk[/MEDIA]

Marioman said:
Sigh...some research would do you guys wonders...if you want to get straight to the point start the video at about 9:30 into the video...which would be about 50 seconds left btw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lR3R804FtRk
Ahh, yes. I've seen that video before. True, he claims they have a lot of stuff to show, but that doesn't mean the Dojo won't be affected. Unless we have about 41 starters, we won't be getting a character every week. Sure, he could profile each characters special moves, final smash, and maybe a few gameplay videos, but I think we may still see some changes. I'm sure Sakurai has tons of ATs and Pokeballs he can profile, several items, and quite a few stages, but how do we know how often he will put these on the site? Will he give us a character a week until he runs out, and then give us none? Will we have more characters than expected? Sure there's a lot he could update, and probably several modes to keep us excited, but the thing I'm most concerned about is characters...probably the most exciting and anticipated updates he makes. The ones that keep the most people interested.

I doubt that it will be affected in any way. He could go on for another year updating the game before he ran out of things.

Hopefully the quality of updates does not dip. Example:

"You must attack to cause damage!"

LevesqueIsKing said:
I doubt that it will be affected in any way. He could go on for another year updating the game before he ran out of things.

Hopefully the quality of updates does not dip. Example:

"You must attack to cause damage!"

LMAO!!
XD

kk to the OP:
I kinda think they will stop updating at some point (after they give a few surprises I'm sure) or they will just do what King said, super obvious updates.

I don't think updates will stop or get diminished and it seems like you guys think that every character that is announced will be a starting character. It has already been confirmed that all third party characters will be unlockable and the whole warning challenger approaching thing makes me think those characters will have to be unlocked as well

Back