How would you set up the wii?

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
I have a tv in my room and is mounted the wall in the corner of my room.. How would i hook up the wii with the sensor bar? I have my gc hooked up and my gc is on the floor, and the wire reaches the tv but where would i put my sensor bar?? Any ideas?

Actully your pretty stuck with that...gee i really don't know at all...make a whole in the wall thats the size of your sensor bar and place it there and then hope it works alright lol...

I rather have it hooked up in my room then downstairs where my sister has access to it ( she would brake it and if we get into a fight, she would) and i like it in my room incase i dont want to go downstairs... unless i take a piece of wood and drill it into the wall so its flat then put the wii and sensor bar at an angle so i dont have to play on my bed..... Or would this work: I hook up the wii and out the sensor on my monitor? I wonder what the range for the bar has to be because for golf you are lower ( hands wise).. AHHH, this is going to drive me nuts, have any advice?

does anyone have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know the range of the sensor bar? I still am trying to figure something out..

Yeah, the wiimote's range is 30ft (10 meters) from the sensor bar.

As for where to put the sensor bar, you could just velcro it to the bottom or top of your TV, couldn't you? The sensor bar is about the length of two pencils placed end to end, so it's not like it's that big.

the top of the tv is too high, maybe under it i have the sattellite box i can put it on that but i wonder if it would pick up the motion.. it might be too high.

I believe the sensor bar is around 8", so it really wouldn't be hard to mount it using some of 3M's Command hooks or picture hanging strips. An even cheaper solution could be had from zip ties.

Just keep in mind that the sensor bar's position does impact gameplay significantly, especially for games where 3D position is relative. So, you don't want to place it too high, too low, or off center from your display.

In fact, using a tripod at about the height of your upper midsection placed a foot or so in front of your TV might be your best bet.

lol you noobs the wii comes with a sensor bar stand and double sided sticky tap to hook it to your tv and yes the cord will easily reach it is quite long

Link_of_Hyrule said:
lol you noobs the wii comes with a sensor bar stand and double sided sticky tap to hook it to your tv and yes the cord will easily reach it is quite long
I haven't read anywhere that the sensor bar will come with double-sided tape. Source?

Anyway, the sensor bar will most certainly pick up the motion as long as you have it about or below the TV. Obviously, you will need to point the wiimote at the TV screen in shooting games, but with most racing games, the sensor bar isn't used.

Link_of_Hyrule said:

Well that was polite...

Besides, you're wrong, there is no sensor bar stand and double sided tape doesn't suffice for every mounting purpose.

For example, what do you do on walls that have been treated with a decoupage look?

teqguy said:
Well that was polite...

Besides, you're wrong, there is no sensor bar stand and double sided tape doesn't suffice for every mounting purpose.

For example, what do you do on walls that have been treated with a decoupage look?
I do agree he was rude, but he wasn't competly wrong. There is a sensor bar stand, pictured below and they said it would be included with Wii.

Wii_sensor_bar_vs_DS.JPG

However, that won't be much use to Wiitime.

Last edited:
I believe that stand got thrown out because of how frivolous it is.

I can't find it listed as box contents anywhere.

However, I do guarantee that there will be a television made either with the sensor bar built in or a housing for it.

teqguy said:
I believe that stand got thrown out because of how frivolous it is.

I can't find it listed as box contents anywhere.

However, I do guarantee that there will be a television made either with the sensor bar built in or a housing for it.
I don't believe the sensor bar stand has been taken off the list of included contents.

Go here. I can't find any place that specificly says the sensor bar stand has been left out.

Back