how

you need a broadband connection. if this is wireless you dont need anything, if your internet is not wireless you will need a lan adapter.
the online is free although d/l virtual console games is a cost.

ya i got a 2000 point wii card how much is a VC, and i have a lttle DSL box for my internet will that work?

Last edited:
NES game = 500 points
SNES game= 800 points
megadrive(genesis= 800 points
Turbographix= around 600-800 i think
nintendo 64= 1000 points

so with that you could buy 4 games.

ok thanks mushy (wat the hell kinda name is dat. lol) and do u know if my DSL box thing would work

no it isnt a modem, i play xbox live on it by hooking up a Ethernet cord to it. dose that help

it basicall means :
A piece of hardware that routes data from a local area network (LAN) to a phone line

routers can be wireless or wireda dn can support different things runningf from it at the same time e.g. xbox, pc etc , looking at the picture of your DSL box, it doesnt look wireless, so your options are
1. get a router that is wireless which can support ethernet wires also.
2. keep the router you have and get a lan adapter for the wii or a usb dongle which you can plug into your pc.

the problem you have is that xbox is ready out of the box for a wired connection, and the wii is ready out of the box for a wireless connection.

OK so here is 2 last Questions

wire/wireless
is it worth the money?

Last edited:
You can pick up a router for around $40, a LAN adapter for Wii for around $20, or a Wifi usb dongle (not recommended) for around $35. You can go wireless with everything in your network with a router but will then need the wireless adapter for Xbox (360?) and your PC (unless you get a router that also allows a wired connection for your PC and/or 360); this will be around an additional $125 (I hear the wireless adapter for 360 is around $100); the Wii has wireless enabling built in, so there is no adapter needed for it. The Wifi usb dongle will allow you to share the wireless connection of a PC by plugging in the dongle to a free usb port on a PC (again, not recommended as bad things have been going around with excessive problems with this route). Or of course, if you wanna just grab the cheapest route and go with the LAN adapter, this works fine but requires the wire which may have to be stretched across the room and the excessive disconnecting every time you wanna run the internet on a different system (hence the wireless network being the best possible route, it is worth the money).

hi - does anyone know if it is possible to hook up your wii to a wired internet connection WITHOUT a router?

jade_khb said:
hi - does anyone know if it is possible to hook up your wii to a wired internet connection WITHOUT a router?
You can get a LAN adapter and hook your Wii directly up to your modem (must be high speed or broadband). This adapter hooks to a usb port on your Wii and an ethernet cable goes on the other end and connects to your modem. Look up Nintendo LAN adapter. They can be purchased at electronics stores that sale video games and accessories.

Back