#human cloning

Kelso said:
The sheep they cloned, Dolly, did die earlyer but to elaborate on this comment it wasn't "health issues" it was the length of the telomeres on the chromosomes that was the problem. Telomeres are the disposable buffers that disintegrates as we progress through life. Once our telomeres are gone, our DNA slowly disintegrates (in a nut shell :)) When the sheep was cloned, the clone recieved chromosomes that were already missing a large portion of the telomeres because the cloning took place later in the sheep's life. It would have been fine had the sheep been cloned as a baby.

Oh and Darkonix, i believe the cell's u are refering to are the stem cells. And they can get these from bone marrow and from an umbilical cord now. Neither of these process require you to destroy and embrio. :)
wasn't saying it was health issues, was just commenting that if you clone someone with lung cancer, the clone will also have it.

im_a_super_smash_bro said:
You wouldn't be the same person as you are today!!!! Things that we experience triggers different thoughts and opinions!
i completely agree, personality is mostly developed by environmental factors, and since the person and the clone would not live the EXACT same lives they would be 2 different people. Which makes me wonder why anyone would even want to clone themselves?

Ya but to clone individual parts in one thing, i am 100% against cloning entire individuals to harvest organs. That is just SO moraly wrong!

Kelso said:
Ya but to clone individual parts in one thing, i am 100% against cloning entire individuals to harvest organs. That is just SO moraly wrong!

Yep, I'm just speaking from a morally starved social climate viewpoint.

See the 3D printers? pretty cool IMO

you could in theory make a clone the same person if u could set there life up the same as yours some how

The great part about cloning individual parts to is that if you had some of your own stem cells, and you produce lets say... a new heart... then it would be YOUR HEART meaning you wouldent have to take that medication that ppl take so their bodies don't reject implants.

That's okay. Just like breeding for the best flavor/size/immunities etc. As long as they don't get clone sickness, breaking down at the molecular level.

Back