HVS next game - Gladiator A.D. Revealed

it looks good ,but i was hoping for it to be an action adventure game similar to god of war ,or ninja gaiden. :(

IGN is revealing HVS's other Wii game tonight...

Yes it'll be interesting to see what sort of game the other one is. They seem to be purposely choosing genres that they believe are under represented or weak on the Wii.

It is kind of strange but quite a while ago I was thinking of what type of games I would make if I was a Wii developer. The first thing that came to mind was a FPS along the lines of Perfect Dark, the second was a fighting game featuring gladiators, the third was a street racing game with a bit of a RPG twist. HVS are now producing the first two (The Conduit and Gladiator A.D.) that i'd thought of so maybe the next one will be a racer. If it is then I might get a little paranoid that they are reading my mind! :eek:ut:

Well the next game was revealed to be another FPS - The Grinder. It does sound impressive though, vampires, werewolves, zombies, 4 player online co-op and already 65 enemies on screen at once.

Even in its early stages it is making Capcom's efforts with Dead Rising: CTUD look pathetic.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/986/986663p1.html

For the first time in a while I'm genuinely excited about some upcoming games!!

I have to say too that online co-op is a FANTASTIC idea - I'd go as far as saying that I enjoy co-op games more than straight deathmatch...

I still really enjoyed Dead Rising Wii though LOL

Not that Dead Rising doesn't offer some enjoyment but Capcom could only get about 12 zombies onscreen as once with poor textures, where as HVS have already got to the point of up to 65 enemies onscreen at once with much higher quality textures and they still have up to a year of development time left. That is rather embarrassing for Capcom I think.

The Grinder really interests me more than The Conduit does (obviously still buying The Conduit), probably because of the vampires/werewolves/zombies setting and more varied multiplayer modes (having both online co-op and splitscreen). The only thing that could make it better is if they named one of the characters 'Buffy'. :p

I would like a RTS similar to Halo Wars. ;)

Halo Wars isn't a true RTS game as there is not true strategy. PC gaming is where you want to play RTSes.

Not that Dead Rising doesn't offer some enjoyment but Capcom could only get about 12 zombies onscreen as once with poor textures, where as HVS have already got to the point of up to 65 enemies onscreen at once with much higher quality textures and they still have up to a year of development time left. That is rather embarrassing for Capcom I think.

The Grinder really interests me more than The Conduit does (obviously still buying The Conduit), probably because of the vampires/werewolves/zombies setting and more varied multiplayer modes (having both online co-op and splitscreen). The only thing that could make it better is if they named one of the characters 'Buffy'. :p

Don't let the screenies fool you. High Voltage Software went from promising 16 man PVP to 12 man PVP and went from deciding to use Wii motion plus to removing it. People are going to grind out as many numbers as they can to gain attention.

hencam[uk];1025202 said:
For the first time in a while I'm genuinely excited about some upcoming games!!

And everything else has been blind fanboyism?

it looks good ,but i was hoping for it to be an action adventure game similar to god of war ,or ninja gaiden. :(

I heard somewhere it was going to be a fighting game. Although take that statement with a grain of salt as I really can't confirm it.

Wow, both of these games look excellent. The Grinder has a lot of potential it seems like, and Gladiator should be awesome.

Co-op should be nice.

Conduit & Grinder look awesome.

Gladiator does not look very good. It looks too generic.

Notice that Grinder has splitscreen multiplayer. I wish they had that in Conduit as that is my only complaint about that game so far.

If Conduit releases soon...it should sell well. It needs to hit before Metroid Prime Trilogy etc. Right now the Conduit could do quite well.

Back