Hyrule warriors

Difference between this and Dynasty Warriors/Warriors Orochi 3 that I have seen

Bosses - They are not beefed up characters but actual bosses that move and attack differently
Evasive moves - This can not be done in other games (but can in some of the spin offs such as Fist of the North star Kens rage)
Z-Targeting - This will be handy for the bosses.

Im wondering what modes it will have in it as Orochi 3 on PS3 is lacking but one of the older dynasty Warriors ones on PS2 have loads (spent ages on one called "Legacy mode" where you start as a basic troop with few moves and work your way up the ranks, the catch is, when you die, your dead)

I like the addition of Darunia and Ruto. Especially Ruto. <3 I wonder if there will be any other playable Zoras and Gorons. I kind of doubt it, as I can't recall any notable Gorons or Zoras that differ significantly in appearance from Darunia and Ruto, save King Zora.

With the spin offs they tend to mix things up, with various results (the Orochi ones let you have three characters, Strike force does some transformation ****, Fist or the North star ones are more story based, yet to play the One piece and Gundam ones)
If they fiddled with the formula with the basic DW games there would be a shitstorm

I feel we need more male characters... Are there any noticable ones?
Any important DekuScrubs? Play as a Cucco? Windmill guy? Mikau? Yeto (the yeti)? Ashei (yes, I know she's female)? Tingle (oh god)?
---------------
Aonuma Eiji-san via GameInformer said:
"Within the Zelda canon, there is the timeline, but there has always been the sense of the main story and kind of a side story. Like, Majora's Mask might be considered part of that, though it does exist as part of the timeline. With Hyrule Warriors, there is a link between the two, but it exists as a separate dimension, so it doesn't exist as part of the main canon. Lately I have been thinking of it similar to The Avengers."
Well. That answers that.
---------------

There are 2 limited editions planned, so far, for Japan.
----Premium Box edition includes a copy of the game, an art book, a Triforce table clock, and the Courage and Wisdom DLC costumes set.
----Treasure Box edition includes the extras from the Premium Box, plus the Power DLC costumes set, a scarf like the one used by Link in the game, and a Treasure Chest replica with sound.

I'm awaiting US equivalent versions.

I feel we need more male characters... Are there any noticable ones?
Well there's...Darunia? Ghirahim if he's a guy? Pretty much it from my memory.

Any important DekuScrubs?
Not yet.

Play as a Cucco?
Only if you want a broken Zelda game.

Windmill guy? Mikau? Yeto (the yeti)? Ashei (yes, I know she's female)? Tingle (oh god)?
None of those are really notable to me...

I'd buy this game for Windmill Guy as a playable character. Just him, don't care about anyone else.

[STRIKE]For the hardest difficult you could try giving Link his normal range, speed, and attacks, and give him the same number of enemies.[/STRIKE]

Originally Posted by Aonuma Eiji-san via GameInformer
"Within the Zelda canon, there is the timeline, but there has always been the sense of the main story and kind of a side story. Like, Majora's Mask might be considered part of that, though it does exist as part of the timeline. With Hyrule Warriors, there is a link between the two, but it exists as a separate dimension, so it doesn't exist as part of the main canon. Lately I have been thinking of it similar to The Avengers."

That was painful to read and I hope the devs eventually get back to their senses before things really get out of hand. I just hope they don't attempt anything with it. We don't want another asscreed scenario.

Waiting for Tingle
tingle__tingle__koo__lu_bu__pah__by_dalehan-d7qlpzb.png

^^ that just made me snort

I'm really hoping for guest characters. A little cameo or easter egg too. Sonic (Lost World DLC) payback? Something at least.
And afterwards, maybe a main game that continues off a current timeline world would be awesome. Like a direct sequel. Or prequel.

I want too much.

Originally Posted by Aonuma Eiji-san via GameInformer

That was painful to read and I hope the devs eventually get back to their senses before things really get out of hand. I just hope they don't attempt anything with it. We don't want another asscreed scenario.
What's so bad about that? Hyrule Waifus was obviously in some sort of non-canon timeline, that's not really news, unless you're referring to the Avengers comparison.

The devs' need to confirm that half-assed timeline in order to validate the theory-crafting of fans is the biggest threat to the Zelda franchise thus far. From now on, if they ever decide to make a Zelda with a srs story, it'd have to kiss up to that stupid timeline by pulling the most cringe-worthy of literary devices.

Its a Nintendo game.

Time lines are as irrelevant than they are in Street fighter as they dont give a toss

Imagen if Mario had one

Street Fighter's a compoettitve multiplayer series, which isn't held in a high regard as the Zelda series has. When something happens to Zelda, everybody listens.

Back