I am experiencing problems with Super Mario 64

Sephoroth

WoW Addict
Nov 23, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
Wii Online Code
4683-9183-7345-7844
I downloaded it because on the download page it says i can use a classic controller or a game cube one,i downloaded it, plugged in my gamecube controller and started it and now its saying i have to use only a classic controller!

That really sucks. When you download it, at the initial screen, it should have icons for the respective controllers you can use (ie...gamecube, wii-mote, or classic controller. This is BEFORE you confirm the download. If it showed being able to use the gamecube controller, you should be able to. My advice would be to turn off the Wii, re-plug the gamecube controllers, then turn the system back on and try.

Okay thanks but i cant right now my mom is playing Zelda ( and on the initial screen it showed a gamecube controller and a classic )

Edit:Nope it didnt work....I wasted 10$... oh well i also got bonk and sonic

Last edited:
i promise you, you absolutely have your controller plugged into the #4 port.

Nope....I tried every port........Has anyone gotten it working? I got Bonk working and it was fun!:arf:

Sephoroth said:
Okay thanks but i cant right now my mom is playing Zelda ( and on the initial screen it showed a gamecube controller and a classic )

Edit:Nope it didnt work....I wasted 10$... oh well i also got bonk and sonic

HOW COOL IS THAT! Your mum plays video games? I wish my mum played video games...........

Sephoroth said:
Nope....I tried every port........Has anyone gotten it working? I got Bonk working and it was fun!:arf:
just keep trying. i heard that this was a problem. it happened to me and it finaly worked

Mario 64 should work perfectly with Gamecube controller. I have and I've been playing for the last 4 days.

That's a bummer, sorry to hear that :( Mario 64 is one of my most favorite games, and I can't wait till I can finally play it again!!

m7ticalm said:
HOW COOL IS THAT! Your mum plays video games? I wish my mum played video games...........

My mum plays games too. She totally owned Oblivion now she is playing Everquest 2 and already has 2 lvl 60+ characters O_O

That's funny, I tried a friends Gamecube controller on Mario 64 and it worked fine. Along w/ the Classic controller.

Maybe delete the game and redownload it?

What? And waste 10 dollars? :eek:ut:

Edit:I kept on trying it again yesterday but it came up with the same message

You will need the Classic Controller

Connect Classic Controller to the P1 Wii Remote or press the A button to return to the Wii Menu.

Last edited:
^

You do not need to worry about paying for it again. The Wii by default will not be able to hold every single VC game that you will eventually download. You will have to delete games or get an SD card to store them all on it.
However, Nintendo keeps a record of the games that you downloaded on your Wii, so if you delete a game, and want to get it back, you can download the game you deleted again for free.

well, maybe nintendo is fixing this. either redownload it and get it working, or wait for nintendo to release an update

m7ticalm said:
Then you wouldnt be able to play as much. Instead of your mum sayin get off those videos games your ruining ur eyes shed say "Get off those video games its my turn to ruin my eyes"

Back