I am experiencing problems with Super Mario 64

my mum used to play video games from time to time. mainly just retro NES games like solomon's key and super mario bros. 3. she also plays animal crossing for the GCN and now she's playin' wii sports. we got 2 wiis, though. one was supposed to be mine, one for the family, but it ended up that my dad got one, and i got stuck with the family wii. i hate sharing oh so much haha

I re downloaded it but no go..............I might buy the classic controller.....or report this to nintendo

Well, I downloaded my Mario 64 after paying 1000 credits for it... and well, I got to the first water type level (kind of under ground with water and stuff) and the poles in this level don't seem to work good because well... I can go inside of them but can't actually hand on to them and climb up them (sometimes).

Also, the level also seems to have the water look (shiny with waves) above the water quite a bit but I don't know if this is suppose to be fog or if its glitched or something.

Well, just wondering if someone could help me out and tell me if and how I can fix this.

unluckylink13 said:
my mum used to play video games from time to time. mainly just retro NES games like solomon's key and super mario bros. 3. she also plays animal crossing for the GCN and now she's playin' wii sports. we got 2 wiis, though. one was supposed to be mine, one for the family, but it ended up that my dad got one, and i got stuck with the family wii. i hate sharing oh so much haha

Im glad that my mum is usless at games and my dad only played tiger woods golf a few times... My wii's going in my room, and never coming out!

Sephoroth said:
I downloaded it because on the download page it says i can use a classic controller or a game cube one,i downloaded it, plugged in my gamecube controller and started it and now its saying i have to use only a classic controller!

Make sure your plugged into the slot closest to the slot where you put the disc in. That is everyones problem that I have heard of.

Sephoroth said:
I re downloaded it but no go..............I might buy the classic controller.....or report this to nintendo

Have you tried another GC controller?

plugging into port #4 resolves this problem. it works great for me now.

edit:
wait! Nintendo numbered the ports from right to left. You must plug it into port #1 (all the way to the right, with one dot)

Last edited:
My friend downloaded it, and from what he says, just press 'A' when it asks for the classic controller. Seems too simple.

Bulldogxx831 said:
Then you wouldnt be able to play as much. Instead of your mum sayin get off those videos games your ruining ur eyes shed say "Get off those video games its my turn to ruin my eyes"
the only games MY mom plays is Tetris & Snood...

my works fine .. the screen doesnt say it needs a classic controller it says controlls have been modified for the classic controller... try holding r on the gc controller while you open it

Tried holding R and i tried pressing A.....Its weird cause the controllers and ports work PERFECTLY when I'm playing GC games on my wii

Back