I am planning to buy this game

MadHouse

WiiChat Member
Feb 16, 2012
Serbia,Belgrade
And i have a few questions:
How is online?
I want to play mostly online and i want to make sure if its active?
what game modes are in online?

Thanks in advance

The online of goldeneye is enjoyable, though I recommend you go to the friend code exchange thread to get a few friends to play with.

Team conflict, heroes, and black box are fairly active game modes, though classic conflict and the licence to kill modes are not active unless you play in a full party (4 players including you). As for the game modes there is conflict with 8 players with a score to 30, team conflict with a score of 40 is played with 4 on 4 teams though you will want to be with friends most of the time to increase the odds of one of you being the host (some people can't take a beating).

Also there is Golden gun, which is like conflict but the objective is to get to the golden gun before the other players. Kills with the golden gun are worth 5 points, though melee kills still count as one, it has infinite ammo and only one shot before reloading, you win when you get 40 points.

Heroes might cause you the most rage though, with a score of 120 to win it's a very tempting mode to get exp. Each team in heroes has a character they can turn into at random moments (be careful when you check your team score I don't know about the other controllers,but on the classic controller pro, the button to hero is the same one that checks the score) the heroes have increased health and damage and three of one kind of item, Proximity mines for bond, Remote trigger mines for Janus, smoke grenades for Russian, and grenades thrown two at a time for the Zukovsky hero. I recommend playing with a full team of your friends to make it worthwhile and enjoyable for you.

Licence to kill and team licence to kill are the hardcore modes of goldeneye.

Black Box and Goldeneye (the game mode) are team objective games. In Black box you either attack or protect the "black box" (but it's really just an orange box) MI6 always tries to destroy the box while the other team holds on to it, with the holder of the box having just a pistol and impaired movement. In Goldeneye you capture five consoles to reprogram a satellite to move over the other teams base, this is the mode to most likely end in a draw.

It's a long post, but I hope it helps.

Last edited:
And i have a few questions:
How is online?
I want to play mostly online and i want to make sure if its active?
what game modes are in online?

Thanks in advance

Zanapher pretty much said it all but for what it's worth I thought I'd add my two cents... which is that Goldeneye is my favorite Wii game and the online play is really fun.

Most modes you can find games pretty easy for.
The only modes that gave me some trouble was the ones you gotta unlock.
the +35 lvl mode for intance.

Good Heavens!, why throwing your money away buying that Wii fiasco...
you could better make a donation to a charity though
:yesnod:

It's a great game.Some, no many people, complain and quit because the levelling up, and subesequent upgrading of weapons is very slow. To me, this is good thing. Society is in such a "give it to me now" entitlement mode it's sickening. If you can't earn it fast enough through skill, you can pay for it and have all the weapons. Not in this game unless you hack your WiiSo, yes, you'll get smoked for a while as a lower level. For me, it was once I got my silencer I took off. I'm a level 54 sniper/camper. I don't rack up a lot of kills. I get enjoyment hiding and shooting people from far away. I have poor run/shoot skills.I only have one friend in my list - and I don't add people. Campers aren't really high on people's lists. And once you know all my hiding spots you end up smoking me. Though I have played with alot of the same people over and over again.I gotta say Mello is probably my fave. Level 56, good player. Or Jessica, also a good 56. Crafty, the both of them.I am.......Dark-Gsee you in there....or...well you probably wont see me.;)

It's a great game.Some, no many people, complain and quit because the levelling up, and subesequent upgrading of weapons is very slow. To me, this is good thing. Society is in such a "give it to me now" entitlement mode it's sickening. If you can't earn it fast enough through skill, you can pay for it and have all the weapons. Not in this game unless you hack your WiiSo, yes, you'll get smoked for a while as a lower level. For me, it was once I got my silencer I took off. I'm a level 54 sniper/camper. I don't rack up a lot of kills. I get enjoyment hiding and shooting people from far away. I have poor run/shoot skills.I only have one friend in my list - and I don't add people. Campers aren't really high on people's lists. And once you know all my hiding spots you end up smoking me. Though I have played with alot of the same people over and over again.I gotta say Mello is probably my fave. Level 56, good player. Or Jessica, also a good 56. Crafty, the both of them.I am.......Dark-Gsee you in there....or...well you probably wont see me.;)

Wow, G. Mello and Jessica?? LOL this must be a joke, the sarcasm is thick. Proud to be your only friend btw.

I agree with everything else, though. Nothing more rewarding than earning your skills and weapons.

hahaha lol @ Melo ... a classic spammer :D

Enjoy the game OP, its the best FPS on the Wii IMO.

Some good advice above !

Wow, G. Mello and Jessica?? LOL this must be a joke, the sarcasm is thick. Proud to be your only friend btw.I agree with everything else, though. Nothing more rewarding than earning your skills and weapons.
Well my "+ONLY+" friend....you do get the drop on me more often than not. You seem to have good games when we're on the same team though. I keep them just off guard enough for you to have an extra second. I enjoy Mello and Jessica because they don't quit. And I think I've played with or against them more than anyone else. Mello for sure.

Well my "+ONLY+" friend....you do get the drop on me more often than not. You seem to have good games when we're on the same team though. I keep them just off guard enough for you to have an extra second. I enjoy Mello and Jessica because they don't quit. And I think I've played with or against them more than anyone else. Mello for sure.

no doubt having a dedicated sniper who knows how to snipe makes everyobe on the tame better. would definitely rather be with u than against u

Back