I am the greatest Wii Tennis player in the world

Denzera

WiiChat Member
Feb 22, 2008
...ok, now that I have your attention, I'm actually kinda serious. My roommate and I play all the time, and back in August, we played in the Lexus Virtual Open.

We actually both placed pretty well, although we didn't make the Finals. But later on we invited most of the people who made the late rounds to our manhattan apartment to play. We beat the tar out of all of them, including Peter, the runner-up you see in that video. He's a real good guy and he's pretty good but I won 7/7 matches against him.

So we're looking for people to play. We live in New York, we'll take on anyone, and if you want to wager money, we'll make it worth your while (i'll give 3-1 odds, honestly, to anyone).

I'm not here to trash-talk, I'm here to find people who think they're pretty good at Wii Tennis to come try themselves against people who think they're the best.

Reply here or PM me if you're interested.

Take it easy,
Steve

PS - Mods, if there's a better place for those looking to find gamers or leagues or something, please let me know.

I'd play Tanks, but I make no representations about being badass. It's a great game though.

Do you live in NYC or is this just a BS session?

I would absolutely murder you and make you go screaming back into the closet. I do live in NYC and would be willing to commit this massacre any time you wish.

nutsco said:
I would absolutely murder you and make you go screaming back into the closet. I do live in NYC and would be willing to commit this massacre any time you wish.

Hold on, in tennis or in tanks?

I'm up for either, I just want to know if I should prepare for a beatdown (tanks) or your total devastation (tennis).

PM me with contact info if you want to try your hand. I'll have my roommate take some video and Youtube it for all of us on this forum.

well in wii tennis i have faced s crap load of people because my school used the wii as a fund raiser. for some reason wii tennis is just too easy. i just cant lose. i dont like to brag, but if you dont know how to properly use both your players you dont have a chance.

i bet you would own me in actual tennis though.

Denzera said:
...ok, now that I have your attention, I'm actually kinda serious. My roommate and I play all the time, and back in August, we played in the Lexus Virtual Open.

We actually both placed pretty well, although we didn't make the Finals. But later on we invited most of the people who made the late rounds to our manhattan apartment to play. We beat the tar out of all of them, including Peter, the runner-up you see in that video. He's a real good guy and he's pretty good but I won 7/7 matches against him.

So we're looking for people to play. We live in New York, we'll take on anyone, and if you want to wager money, we'll make it worth your while (i'll give 3-1 odds, honestly, to anyone).

I'm not here to trash-talk, I'm here to find people who think they're pretty good at Wii Tennis to come try themselves against people who think they're the best.

Reply here or PM me if you're interested.

Take it easy,
Steve

PS - Mods, if there's a better place for those looking to find gamers or leagues or something, please let me know.

Get a Job Go To School Go Out See the Sunshine!
Its just a game calm down!

Put down the Wii Controller And Do Something else

Just to give a quick update...I did meet up with Steve (Denzera) and I completely obliterated him. It wasn't even close due to my ninja like reflexes and unforgivable back spins. He went down in straight sets...video will be up shortly on youtube.

Thanks for coming out Steve, now go back put your tail between your legs and shut the closet door.

bAhahahahahahahahahah

its just a game wish WiiTennis was multiplayer online if it is im out of the loophole

nutsco said:
Just to give a quick update...I did meet up with Steve (Denzera) and I completely obliterated him. It wasn't even close due to my ninja like reflexes and unforgivable back spins. He went down in straight sets...video will be up shortly on youtube.

Thanks for coming out Steve, now go back put your tail between your legs and shut the closet door.

Nutsco, you never even responded to my PM.

I'm assuming you're just trying to score some humor points, so - whatever. Not very agilely executed, but whatever floats your boat. My offer was sincere though.

I do have a rather good job in management consulting. It's just that when I come home in the evenings, instead of cracking open a beer or watching TV, I play video games. I didn't think that'd be an earth-shattering concept.

The offer's still out there - anyone in the Tristate area or Boston who wants to give me a shot, in friendly competition, drop me a line. For all the bluster of the original post, I'm a pretty good sport about all this.

-D

edit:
wish WiiTennis was multiplayer online if it is im out of the loophole
boy don't I wish that too. Nintendo would sure have my money for that.

Denzera said:

I'm assuming you're just trying to score some humor points, so - whatever. Not very agilely executed, but whatever floats your boat. My offer was sincere though.

I do have a rather good job in management consulting. It's just that when I come home in the evenings, instead of cracking open a beer or watching TV, I play video games. I didn't think that'd be an earth-shattering concept.

The offer's still out there - anyone in the Tristate area or Boston who wants to give me a shot, in friendly competition, drop me a line. For all the bluster of the original post, I'm a pretty good sport about all this.

-D

OK So Your Saying You Have No Friends Right?? No Life??

Denzera said:

-D

edit:

boy don't I wish that too. Nintendo would sure have my money for that.

Listen, Steve. It's great that you're confident an all, but when I was a young boy, my father told me something that has rang pretty true through the years. He said:

'No matter how good you are at something, there's always someone, somewhere, who's better than you.'

So don't let your head get too big because I would wager you 1,000,000-to-one odds that if there was a world tournament for Wii Tennis, you probably wouldn't make the top 500. Seriously. (Think Japanese/Asian gamers)

Peace.

I live in New York; whereabouts do you live? I'm about an hour from Rochester and would like to play tennis against you.

Back