I am thing about getting a Xbox 360 Elite

SatAM Guy

WiiChat Member
Jan 25, 2009
If I get the one with the Falcon 65 nm chipset instead, will that lower my chants of getting a RROD?

Compared to the Zephyr models, it should lower, most definitely.

I actually have a Falcon model and it has been working flawlessly as of late.

When did Microsoft start making the Xbox 360 with the jasper chip?

When did Microsoft start making the Xbox 360 with the jasper chip?

July of 08' I believe. From what I've heard, the new Elite models do not contain a Jasper chip. You might want to google the differences between the 3 types (zephyr, falcon, and jasper), so you can tell which type of version you are going to buying when at the store.

I found a site that says the jasper chip is only available on the arcade models.

I found a site that says the jasper chip is only available on the arcade models.

That was the case for a while when the Jasper chip were just made. The Falcons were still being left over in stores on the Pro/Elite models after a Jasper model came out. If you go to a store, you'll be able to tell the difference between the models if you look at the manufacture date and the amount of power the console outputs.

If you're not as picky with Jasper chips, Falcons will run just fine. I bought mine about 2 months ago with a Falcon, and it's been working flawlessly so far.

I got the Xbox 360 arcade today, it has

256 MB memory
12v 12,1A,5v,1A Mad in China

I can't tell the number of W but is saids
Input: AC 100V 50-60Hz 4.7A
Output: DC 12V 14.2A 5Vsb 1A

You were thinking about getting the Elite and then got the Arcade?

Why would you get the arcade in the first place?

Where is the Lot Number located?

With the Arcade, can I upgrade to the Elite status?

If not I will take it back in get the Elite in September.

What about that thing on top that you can take off?

Can't I just put a hard drive on that?

What about that thing on top that you can take off?

Can't I just put a hard drive on that?

The Lot Number is located above the bar code and I think I might have gotten the Lot Number wrong, it has to be over 750, not 170.

You can put another HDD in the top of an Arcade, the only disadvantage of getting an Arcade over a Pro or Elite, is that you need to buy a HDD separately and you don't get some of the extras with the console. (Headphones, Ethernet Cable etc.)

Back