I am Wii-ignorant!

chakan

WiiChat Member
May 15, 2007
Northern Virginia
I just picked a Wii up today (got lucky on a whimsical run into Toys R Us). My wife has been crawling up the walls to get one and I can't say that I have not been encouraging her. heheh

I've been using my Xbox and 360 for a long time now, otherwise I mostly game on my DS and occasionally on the computer. I can't believe how much about this system I don't know, but somehow that makes it even more fun. :D

Any tips for an old fart with limited patience? I want my Wii to be connected 24/7 and use it to it's full extent. Anything I should be aware of now like the limited storage internally and whatnot? I heard I can use a standard SD card for my storage?

Nice site... thanks to the owners for running this as I haven't seen any other good forums around for this system. And I think this system is most deserving of a good forum. :aureola:

SD card can be used to store data and put photos on your wii.

Your pun was well shameless:lol:

wouldnt something like 'I'm Riight ignorant'

or maybe even wiignorant:lol:

Welcome to the site;)

Remember to read forum rules and have a good time:D

If you ever need any help or have a question dont be afraid to PM me:)

Hey Pal,
Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on getting your wii!
  • Keep your wii connected on wiiconnect24/7 for all the latest updates and messages etc, You can download the FREE internet channel and Everybody votes channel from the wii shop channel, just go onto wii-sorftware. They are both fun!
  • The wii has 512MB onboard storage which is enough for a few virtual console games and channels, if you love retro games etc, you may want to use your SD card.
  • You can also put photos on your card and edit them in the photo channel!Just stick your card in the front (open the little front bit).
  • Once you have stored some game files on your wii (such as wii sports), you can go on the settings and copy the files to your SD card as a backup. You can also do this with Virtual console games and channels.
  • When you create a mii or two in the mii channel, you can save them as a backup on your wii-remote! (just click on one of the symbols on the left and drag and drop the mii's you want into the circles to save).
Enjoy your wii and I hope I have helped.
Lee.Jarratt :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
You can chat with friends using the messageboard!
To register a friend, you have to know their wii-code (well, i'm calling it).
Mine is at the bottom of my message.

++to contact that other friend, they must also register you.

+++parades are fun! Other people's mii's can join in.

Wow. Great info! You guy's are great, thanks for the nice welcome! Time to finally go home and play it now! :cornut: hmmm... I am sure that by now it's actually already going to need to be pried from my kung-fu like grasp. :ee5k:

chakan said:
Wow. Great info! You guy's are great, thanks for the nice welcome! Time to finally go home and play it now! :cornut: hmmm... I am sure that by now it's actually already going to need to be pried from my kung-fu like grasp. :ee5k:
:) Your welcome pal, anytime.
lee.j

I meant my wife's kung fu like grasp that is... First night of the Wii was great. We downloaded things through dinner. Checked out the internet... then we got into some Wii Sports. That is really quite good.

End result was my wife gets addicted to tennis, destroys a large wine glass with the remote and thereby slashes her finger and sending glass flying all over the apartment. She dashed back from cleaning it up after her fitness age routine kept rolling; with her finger bleeding nicely all over the remote and blood splattering across the room as she's swinging in baseball. :D

Once we cleaned up the blood and broken glass and got into some boxing without smashing through anything else, the process of falling in love with the Wii was complete. Surfed the globe news this morning and checked the weather all around the world while I drank my morning coffee. I was customarily skeptical until the end, but the Wii officially rocks. :cool:

Sorry guys, I'll stop I just wanted to advertise my item, I'm sorry and I'll stop now.

Apology accepted?

The Game said:
Sorry guys, I'll stop I just wanted to advertise my item, I'm sorry and I'll stop now.

Apology accepted?

No:lol:

You even posted a weird comment like 'You guys just dont get what im talking about'

and your product is over priced. . .

but hope to see you round, with better posts. . .

Okay now that was pure meaningfullness.

Also! I ACTUALLY said "Okay you guys aren't talkin about what I'm talkin about" I didn't say that you DIDN'T GET what I was talking ABOUT.

Watch your quotes McCloud.

Back