I bought super paper mario!

im in chapter 1-3 and it says i got to stand on the blue plat form and go left 3 times i have done that many times and it doesnt seem to work for me what am i missing?

dja11101995 said:
you beat it already!!!! Omg!!!! Also how do you move i am guessing d pad tell us the controls like a is .... 2 is ... 1 is.... etc.

Yes d pad moves
1 uses pixl's (different abilities like throw, bombs, etc)
2 jumps
1+2 opens menu
A flips from 2d to 3d with mario
+ and - show menu/controls
front of controller shines a spotlight to ID stuff

The controls are great and I dont mind holding the controller sideways a bit.

EDIT: also in response to my earlier post... I have been playing it and the game is getting better as I go in, and a bit more challenging. It is not the sort of challenge where you die often, its more like you might get hung-up somewhere for a while until you figure out the puzzle.

Last edited:
KyleForMe said:
Yes d pad moves
1 uses pixl's (different abilities like throw, bombs, etc)
2 jumps
1+2 opens menu
A flips from 2d to 3d with mario
+ and - show menu/controls
front of controller shines a spotlight to ID stuff

The controls are great and I dont mind holding the controller sideways a bit.

EDIT: also in response to my earlier post... I have been playing it and the game is getting better as I go in, and a bit more challenging. It is not the sort of challenge where you die often, its more like you might get hung-up somewhere for a while until you figure out the puzzle.
Thanks man also i dontget when you said: front of controller shines a spotlight to ID stuff

I also picked this up today..i thought it wa sgonan be a kids game, but turns out its fun as hell.

I'm on 2-3 right now... I gotta stop so i can study for my finals :(

hurrah i finally got my game just now

i think i harass the gamestore people too much tho. its not my fault. if i could trust them to call me when it came in i wouldnt have to call two million times.

btw - got it from EB Games..... plastic wrapped, not greased up by kid fingers...... haha.... they didn't even try to rip me off or mug me. i still stick with liking that store(except that i dont trust that they'd call me. but i trust almost no one, anyhow).

dja11101995 said:
Thanks man also i dontget when you said: front of controller shines a spotlight to ID stuff

the front of the controller (the black infrared thing) is used in the game to shine a spotlight to find hidden items and doors. In other words you turn the controller and use it like a flashlight. Its an ability that one of the pixl's gives you, which you use occasionally to progress.

I just got this game today as well. Alas, it was on the way to work so I'll have to wait until 11pm to give it a try!

-Dave

KyleForMe said:
the front of the controller (the black infrared thing) is used in the game to shine a spotlight to find hidden items and doors. In other words you turn the controller and use it like a flashlight. Its an ability that one of the pixl's gives you, which you use occasionally to progress.
ohhh i remember this in a video if you said point at the screen i would of known what you were talking about its ok:wink:

FYI: EBGames received a whack of Wii's while I was standing there. I believe they had 15 this morning, and only 5 when I went to pick up Paper Mario. This is in Kitchener, ontario, Canada.

WuTerrorist said:
im in chapter 1-3 and it says i got to stand on the blue plat form and go left 3 times i have done that many times and it doesnt seem to work for me what am i missing?
Yea i got stuck here to anyone how to pass this part?:sick:

Back