I can not get to the damn shop channel

Hackspace

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
Milwaukee, WI
I used to be able to get to the shop channel just fine, i have seen it and i have done other things online.(got forcast channel, updates, sent emails and messages, sent mii caracters) but for some reason now when i click the shop channel it just sits on the connecting circle screen for and nothign else happens i left it doing this for 11 hours yesterday while i was out and it was still at the same screen when i got home. i don't understand it.

also when i did used to recieve updates they woudl take forever, but they would eventually get done. like the forecast channel took like 3 and a half hours for me to recieve.:mad2:

has anyone else experienced this or know of any solutions.

i know every one else i know is quick and works and mine is slow and intermitantly works. i wonder if me having it enclosed in my tv stand affects the wireless connection. is there some sort of way to check connection speed or quality.

worked great here yesterday, but today it just sits on the connecting screen.... must be down

Been trying to connect all morning. May be down or server traffic really high after Xmas! No big deal. Sports is fun as hell until then ;)

If You Use Wireless:

I have a very important reply to this that probably will fix your problem. I WAS connecting to Shop only once out of every 10 tries, and the speed being very slow when I was connected. I did a LOT of troubleshooting, and found out that I was not using the optimal wireless channel on my router. (ok, this may not be important if you don't use wireless).

So, I went into my router config and changed it to the channels suggested by nintendo.com (channels 1 or 11, I believe, I chose 1). Since the very second I simply switched channels, it now takes me about 20 seconds to connect to the Shop Channel and screen load times are about 2-5 seconds.

i think all channels are between 1-11, but nintendo.com states that some channels are busier, interfere more with metal encasings, etc. They suggest 1 or 11, not some random number in between.

You could try moviing you router into the open, but my router is on my desk 10 feet from my Wii and it has metal surrounding it on 3 sides.

Back