I cannot get Wii to connect to wireless internet

Here i am! No skype here, I know they do that a lot on tv shows but I don't know anyone who skypes. probably because i don't even have the internet at my own house! DARN IT! I still am confused though because Medialink says that it is the Wireless-N router?
So i'm confused as to if I am trying to get this set up through the Medialink equipment or the MOtorola equipment.

No worries over the double posts, got all that covered. :thumbsup:

Error Code 51130 is a rather generic code I'm familiar with; if the problem isn't apparent and Nintendo doesn't have tried and true methods to fix it, you tend to receive said error code. A few years back I owned a router incompatible with my Wii, and received this code whenever I had the Wii attempt to connect to it.

If you're incorrect and your router is the Motorola, the version model of that Motorola Router doesn't seem to be compatible with the Wii, since it isn't listed on Nintendo's list of compatible Motorola Router models...

Unless your router is indeed the Medialink and not the Motorola hahah. If your Motorola isn't a router, it's most likely the modem. All modems are compatible with the Wii as far as I know; likewise, if your Wii has any issues connecting to the internet, the problems generally have to do with the router.

What model is the Medialink? It should provide a number just like the Motorola did.

Medialink MWN-Wapr150n
wIRELESS-n bROADBAND Router

so my guess is that the Motorola is in fact the modem. He said he does not have the DSL but it must be cable modem then? I tried looking it up and found it on Amazon too.

i will try contacting them too, but not tonight. I'm even wearing myself out with all this..... but I do know I'm going to have to extremely HAPPY boys if I can get it all worked out!
Thank you so much everyone~~~ I truly appreciate your kindness and taking the time to try to help!

Last edited:
/nominates xplosive for the "Mother Teresa Award" for selflessly aiding others in need. "Who's your mother?!"

Thank you.
I sent MediaLink an email. I will continue to pursue this when I can.
I will keep you all updated (may be a while but I will let you know what happens).

Back