I can't be the only person who does this.

ChriswLime

WiiChat Member
Jan 3, 2008
A problem I have encountered multiple times: Going somewhere other than the place I usually play, I bring my Wii and a Gamecube controller-enabled game. I pack the necessary Wii accessories: power chord, AV cables, sensor bar . . . but I forgot that I need a Wiimote, and only pack a Gamecube controller. Having arrived at my destination, I realize this, and despair. The game is only a couple screens away; the disc icon floats tantalizingly in the upper left corner of the screen, but I am without means to access it. All I need to do is get to the start screen of the game itself, and the GCN controller can do the rest.

My question, though I am not too hopeful about the answer: is there a way to activate games on the Wii without a Wiimote? I've tried everything I can think of: restarting, and . . . well, that's all I could think of, but to no avail.

Hahaha, I have a similar problem...except the other way around. I always forget to bring the port attachment for my wavebird so I just have thecontroller but no way to plug it in to the wii...that or I forget a memory card. As far as I know, the wii mote is the only way to navigate menus, just try not to forget next time!

I've done both those things as well. Ah, well. Thanks anyway.

Im sure i have read somewhere before that you could somehow use the joysticks on a GC game to navigate the wii menu, Dont hold me to it though and im sure you would need to mod something for it to work.

you can navigate the wii menu using the nunchuk or the built in analog on the guitar controller but i dont think you can use a gc cont

CodenameC said:
you can navigate the wii menu using the nunchuk or the built in analog on the guitar controller but i dont think you can use a gc cont

Yes, but if he had a guitar controller, a the wii mote is built in, so there wouldbe no problem...haha

Back