I can't believe this is a Wii forum

Macmutt

WiiChat Member
Jun 22, 2007
I post a thread about selling my 360 Elite for a Wii and not only don't i get applauded for it but i actually get condemned for it.
I thought you guy's were supposed to love the Wii above all else, i thought by purchasing the Wii you were basically saying that superior hardware and fancy movie players does not a game system make ?
Instead most of you guy's are telling me how crazy i am, well i guess your entitled to your opinion but i for one am looking for a new, more fun gaming experience than just sitting in a chair button mashing the same button a thousand times over, because no matter how gorgeous the graphics are in HD or not you eventually get past that and then it comes down to the immersive interactive fun factor of a game.
So even though i haven't played a Wii yet accept for like 60 seconds of excite truck, i spent the last few months doing constant research online, in stores and with people i know who have it or played it, and it's always the same anwer, " It's just a more fun gaming experience than anything else ".
Hence the stellar sales.
So please don't be so quick to condemn me for finally realizing that being a graphic whore and a powerful hardware hunter doesn't always mean the best gaming experience - recent examples PS one beating out N-64, PS2 beating out Xbox, so you guy's should already know bigger is not always better just as Sony & Microsoft are realizing this very moment when glancing at superior Wii sales numbers.

We are not hardcore fans of Nintendo. We are doing you a favour, the Wii is good but since its so new it has little good games, a system needs like 1 year minimum to get a descant amount of good games and at the moment the 360 has tons of great game that why we are saying "keep you 360 and but on the side get a Wii to".

Macmutt said:
I post a thread about selling my 360 Elite for a Wii and not only don't i get applauded for it but i actually get condemned for it.
Because it is a very bad deal.

I thought you guy's were supposed to love the Wii above all else, i thought by purchasing the Wii you were basically saying that superior hardware and fancy movie players does not a game system make ?
No, we aren't all idiotic fanboys.
Instead most of you guy's are telling me how crazy i am, well i guess your entitled to your opinion but i for one am looking for a new, more fun gaming experience than just sitting in a chair button mashing the same button a thousand times over, because no matter how gorgeous the graphics are in HD or not you eventually get past that and then it comes down to the immersive interactive fun factor of a game.
But once the novelty of the controller wears off it is the normal thing so you are left with an inferior console that has a fancy new controller that you got tired of after the first few weeks.

So even though i haven't played a Wii yet accept for like 60 seconds of excite truck, i spent the last few months doing constant research online, in stores and with people i know who have it or played it, and it's always the same anwer, " It's just a more fun gaming experience than anything else ".
Hence the stellar sales.
Its just a fad. People will realise that the controller isn't that spectactular and the sells will die down.

So please don't be so quick to condemn me for finally realizing that being a graphic whore and a powerful hardware hunter doesn't always mean the best gaming experience - recent examples PS one beating out N-64, PS2 beating out Xbox, so you guy's should already know bigger is not always better just as Sony & Microsoft are realizing this very moment when glancing at superior Wii sales numbers.
In all of the examples you gave there was only a minor difference in power, but the Wii is vastly inferior to the 360/PS3. Graphics aren't everything, but they do add alot to the game. Games are what really matters, but the Wii doesn't have much for games, the only thing it has over other consoles is a new controller.

TortillaChip520 said:
in fact, alot of the ppl here own the wii as a second platform to their 360
Or a third...

macmutt, (iknowthis asbeen postedalready)why dont you SELLyour 360 then geta wii AND wii games/accesories

i mean, its a better deal isn it

That was an intelligent post, and I understand what you're saying. It's just that you could get $500+ for your Elite on eBay, and a Wii is $250. The Wii actually costs less. Sell it, just don't trade it.

Give you a little advice. (I know this might sound contradictive, but it would make sense).

Don't let anyone on the internet tell you what to do when it comes real life. If you wish to sell your 360 for a Wii, then go ahead. Only you know what you like, and that's how it's meant to be. If everyone prefered graphics over gameplay, the PS3 would be the only thing selling. It's the fact that people have different perspectives and agendas that means that there is a choice of consoles. In the end, you're the one who will have to live with it, for better or worse, and I'm a cynic, but that's really the only choice we have in life.

In essence, if you wish to sell your 360 for a Wii, go ahead. Although saying that, I think it would be better to have a greater trial on it, saves from disappointment if it's not what you were expecting (I've never played on Excite Truck, but I know that some games on Wii aren't all that great, whilst others are brilliant).

Hope my advice helps.

my_god_the_wii_owns... said:
Sell it, just don't trade it.

macmutt said:

Last edited:
Macmutt said:

Macmutt i have a decent PC that i use for my online FPS action so like you was looking for a console that would be fun to play with others, i never played a 2 player game on the PS2 it just didnt interest me.
Since the Wii came out of the box i have played many hours of 2 player, i havent laughed out loud at a game for years but playing Wii play with my son especilly the Bull racing always ends up with us both laughing, it doesnt matter who wins its just the fun of playing.

I say wait 4 months, sell your Elite Xbox, then buy a Wii. That way you'll have enough to play. Before christmas is when all the great games come out. I personally prefer the Wii, not so much because of the controls, more because of Nintendo's great games (although right now there aren't that many, other than Zelda. Of yourse Wii sports is fun, because the controls work so well in it). It really depends more on the types of games you like. Although with the popularity of the Wii, choices are getting much wider, with more mature games coming out as well, such as The Godfather, Resident Evil 4, Scareface, Manhunt 2 (or will it ever be released?). In 1 year, the Wii could be the best choice.

What you really should do, is wait for E3. Then make your decision.

Back