i cant get on the virtual console

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
I keep on getting error code 209600 i looked it up.. i dont think thats the problem. i dont go on the virtual console a lot but when i do. it ususally works.. the internet is working like the forecast channel so idk whats going on? anybody have an idea??

edit: i am connected to the internet, when i shut my wii, its still connected to the internet. could it be maybe the servers are busy busy busy?? but y would i get that error code?

Last edited:
mine is doing the same thing. it always used to work just not right now. the servers must be busy

u r getting the same error code?.... is it normail that i had to power off the wii from the system when it was connecting b/c it was taking to long so i shut it from the system b/c the wiimote didnt do it.

EDIT: a lot of ppl cant get on the shop, so its normal...

Last edited:
If you're having difficulty connecting to the internet, especially the Wii Shop channel, take you're Modem/Gateway and stick it right next to the console. I was having the exact same problem because it kept timing out downloading the User Agreements. So I did exactly that.

I don't have any trouble. Last night I couldn't get on but it said it was because they were doing maintenance on the channel and I was able to get back on 20 minutes later. It didn't give me an error code though, just under maintenance.

well it has worked for me all day today it just didnt work for a few minutes yesterday. THREAD CLOSED

Back