Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I didn't Preorder, Getting Your wii on Launch Guide.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by GreyKirby, Nov 5, 2006.

1. GreyKirby

GreyKirby Fo-Weva Pink!

Yes the guide on getting your wii the day of Launch. Got the idea from someone on Nsider Forums. So Here it starts:
    Warning: LongRead

1- So i didn't Preorder so what?
    So what!!! The hype is really getting high. Yes! It is much more popular then you think. But if you spend your times on Nsider or wiichat it will seem like there are alot of people. But on the forums, the number of people only represent less then 1% of the amount of wiis to be released.Much more popular then the GCn or DS would have ever been. Yep if you think you could it that easly, i guarantee you will take back those words unless you camped or preordered or came very early or Luck :) And probably if not then your just good.

2- Okayokay, You got me. Now what about EBgames/Gamestop, Thats a game store and they should have lots.
    Pshh. Yea right. EBgames/Gamestop are getting a very low amount of wiis i think around 20-30 each store. Anywho, since it is a video game store, you will find that it is PACKED on launch day. Other then that, EBgames and Gamestop[Owned by the same company] are probably ONLY getting the amount of wiis as the amount of preorders they have. I.e. there are 30 Preorders that means they will only get 30 Wiis on launch to give. And its to those who preordered. So if you looked through all those electronic stores, this is a last resort.

3- Choices for a good chance to get a wii
    Yes, i forgot to mention this earlier. There are only 3 choices for you to pick on launch day to guarantee a wii... And a last resort choice[ a fourth one ] If you have no other choice. The first choice is: Camping out! Yes i think there is a thread in this forum for guiding you through camping
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/4186-where-camp-ups-downs.html
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/4087-late-camp-out-no-problem.html[/SIZE]
    Now for the second choice. It is too late for this now but Preordering! If you preorders its already guaranteed you will get your wii. So you don't have to bother coming early on nov 19th
    The third choice is going in the morning and checking every single store.
    And the last resort if you cannot go is going on launch day anytime.[Not guaranteed]

4- Name me ALL of the stores that will be getting there hands on wiis{And no not in the sick minded way}
    Alright Alright i am going to make a list of all the stores that will be getting there hands on wiis, followed by a choice for you to pick.

I- Walmart
    Probably one of your best choices ever. They will be getting alot of wiis, its probably worth camping 3-6 hours earlier. But if you don't its alright.
    Graded: A-

II- Bestbuy/FuturShop
    Another good choice, they will be getting lots of wiis too. But this place will definately be packed so if you want to i can guarantee you will get one if you camp out 3-7 hours earlier or the day before late night.
    Graded: A

III- Toys 'R Us
    Best choice for you. You can camp if you want. They get the most wiis. If you do camp go 3-5 hours earlier.
    Graded: A+

IV- Ebgames/Gamestop
    Only good if you preordered. Will be packed on launch and only guaranteed a wii if you either camped and are one of the first in line or if you preordered.
    Graded: C+

V- Target
    Good store, I cannot guarantee you getting a wii here, But camping is a good choice. Other then preordering. camp 1-5 hours earlier then opening
    Graded: B+

Okay That was the top 5. Now im just going to compose a list
    -Sears
    -Loblaws[Canada]
    -Amazon-Online

-UK preorders
    -Costco
    -Meijer

5- Thanks for the info BUT what about Nov 18th, there is bound to be people camping that day
    Of course. People REALLY want the wii, if you find that this is happening, i would recommand checking that store FIRST or LAST its up to you. If you go first and find that people are still camping there and waiting, go there LAST or wait until the crowd is gone. But if you are really persistent and are done checking every other store. Jump through that crowd and claim your wii! Another BUT, people will bound to have a voucher or somesort of thing like that if they camped. If you find that on nov 18th there are people you still have the choice of running back home and getting ready to get into that line :)

6- Others
    Okay a good idea is to actualy call the stores and ask them about the wii. Its a great idea, and maybe even ask them when you should camp out or if they will have preorders

7-Number of wiis and other info that is important

The number of wii has been confirmed to be 1 million on launch day and by the end of the year of 2006- 4million!
    A very helpful thread i made:
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/2882-what-expect-wii-launch.html?highlight=expect[/SIZE]

#1 GreyKirby, Nov 5, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  2. Akaymay

Akaymay On the Highway to Hell!

This is a great thread for those who dont know howto camp out, which apparently may be quite a few :lol: . But actually, I'm gonna camp out on friday right after school, (2:30). :yesnod: No matter what anyone tells me, I think that there will be countless people, so I'll just tough it out :scared:

3. daddyfatsackz

daddyfatsackz Banned

Solid post, now wait for the "I preordered mine" crowd to chime in...Very informative, I think walmart will be anybodys best bet, although toys r us is creating a bit of a panic. Only 10 preorders per store when I know my local store will get 100! They had 125 GC on launch day. ANd then telling people they cant garauntee anything on launch day. We need more informative posts like this, less of the BS.Word up GreyKirby

4. pizzaluvr

pizzaluvr world crown chimpokomastr

im'a go to walmart at around 4:00 on that day, luckilly there is mcdonalds :)

5. MyGunJammed

MyGunJammed WiiChat Member

Folks in the midwest states also have a store called Meijer which is doing a 12:01 launch. It is very much like Walmart. http://www.meijer.com/

6. StevenNevets

StevenNevets WiiChat Member

Arn't all Walmars 24/7?

Get there at 10:00 and go on a shopping spree till 12:00 then you get your moment:yikes:

7. GreyKirby

GreyKirby Fo-Weva Pink!

Not ALL walmarts are 24/7 :)

8. Demon Slayer

Wii Friend Code: 4815-7837-6805-1378
    4815-7837-6805-1378
    nope mine isn't...mine will open 2 hours earlier then normal for only the nintendo wii...and my wal mart is getting 40...so im going their like at 11 Pm saturday..the guy said to come at 5 am and im guarantied one...but im not talking any chances...

9. pizzaluvr

pizzaluvr world crown chimpokomastr

here in arkansas, i don't think there are any walmarts that aren't open 24 hours(base is about 20 miles away)

10. Messykitty414

Messykitty414 That Cat is a Mess

Take like 70 alarm clocks so you'll be able to get up in time, my wal-mart is 24/7 so I'm going at about 4 p.m. saturday for the midnight launch

11. Gymdawg

Gymdawg ~I Spy Hypocricy~

Wii Friend Code: 5981-2669-3238-7379
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    I preordered mine.

12. Ronan

Ronan WiiChat Member

Nice collating there

13. Zori

Zori Wii Owner Since Launch

Awesome guide! ive fixed my plan around it

14. ShadowElliot

ShadowElliot Diamond: Chimchar Wanter

Wii Friend Code: 4516-7171-4215-0805
    4516-7171-4215-0805
    I hope this works for getting the wii....

I'm not preordering or camping out but i know i will get one!

15. opstand

opstand WiiChat Member

No camping for me. I know my Target is getting 60 Wiis. If I miss out, there is a Best Buy within walking distance. If I miss out there, I'll walk next door to Toys 'r Us. If I miss that one too, I'll go across the street to Circuit City. Worst case, I'm driving to Walmart 3 miles away, or another Target that is about 10 miles away.

Pretty sure I can get one from one of those stores without having to camp.

16. GreyKirby

GreyKirby Fo-Weva Pink!

Gawd, People are still making posts about the subject, i thought i'd solve the problem :|

17. vagrant

vagrant ₪ ۩ ₪

Wii Friend Code: 8573-5327-9660-0097
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    preordering is unecessary unless you live in a huge huge town with limited places to buy it. I remember all the people who preordered GCN, Xbox 360 etc. I didn't preorder, and I still got my stuff at midnight or in the case of gamecube in the morning. So I guess if you are going to be paranoid it's good to have it preordered.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as OP. Like 10 places to get it within a 10 mile radius.

18. Trulen

Trulen Isn't here as much

Wii Friend Code: 1234-1234-1234-1234
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I gues i'm lucky.

Within a 30 minute drive there are:

2 Walmarts
    1 Target
    1 Game Stop

So if there are more than 120 people in the area that like Nintendo, then I'd be amazed!

19. GreyKirby

GreyKirby Fo-Weva Pink!

Then im sure you will be amazed ._.

And i answer with another quote

#19 GreyKirby, Nov 6, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  20. vagrant

vagrant ₪ ۩ ₪

Wii Friend Code: 8573-5327-9660-0097
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    I gave a reason to preorder, so no reason to "nonchalantly" get pissy about what I said. I didn't preorder, and I will still get my stuff at midnight.