i don't have the foggiest what i'm doin wrong...

Pancakezzz

The Rock-it Scientist...
Dec 27, 2006
Surrey, England.
:mad2: well...
i have a NETGEAR DG834GT 108 Mbps Super Wireless ADSL Router.
i've set it all up. it works fine on the computer. and on my laptop.
yet my wii. just doesnt find it. ive tried all FAQ suggestions. and my wii just cannot seem to find it at all. when i search for access point. it says it hasnt found any. and everythin' else i try with my wii, also shows no signs of even comin close to finding the access point. and it has been approved on the nintendowifi.co.uk router list.
and i dont have the foggiest im doin wrong?
anyone who has the same router know what i could do?
or anyone with any suggestions at all? instead of the obvious FAQ's...
it's drivin me to the point of insanity...

the whole wireless thing for the Wii has made me insane. I dont wanna buy a dum USB thing cause i dont wanna kill my computer lol. Im just waiting for USB/Ethernet Cables now ^^

my internet works fine
i have a belkin though
try your router settings on your pc andoes put the wii quite close/closer to the router?

but i cant move it closer. my router is upstairs and my wii's downstairs. im not up shifting my entire tv. or computer system. there in completely different rooms...

Pancakezzz said:
but i cant move it closer. my router is upstairs and my wii's downstairs. im not up shifting my entire tv. or computer system. there in completely different rooms...
well thats why its not working, same this happened with me with my wii downstairs, i moved it upstairs to a room beside where my router is and it worked like a charm, sorry bud but if you wanna go on the internet your gonna have to move somethin

Have you checked to see if your router is compatible because one being upstairs and the other being down shouldnt matter. I mean heck I pick up my neighbors wireless networks with mine. 3 different neighbors to be exact.
:confused:

Well I had problems at first, not sure your situation but what did it for me was switching my router settings to mixed mode (B+G), or even B only. If you set if for G only my Wii wouldn't connect to my network.

Back