I dont think i am getting a wii form a lone time ( not Happy!)

yankeesrule13251

WiiChat Member
Aug 23, 2006
I called costco and they are not getting the wii. Walmart, the guy said last year for the 360 there were riots and a lot of people. So my mom isnt crazy of me going there ( too dangerous). best buy near is me going to be packed, its in a mall and people are camping out 2 days before release.... Same with target. That leaves me with no wii and it will probably be the same if the next shipment comes in near x-mas.... I would do ebay because its worth it but my parents arent crazy about spending a extra $200. ( which i volunteered to pay for since the wii is a b-day gift from october).............. Help, any ideas?!?

Sounds like your out of luck. Although the 360 had a lot fewer consoles available at launch. I don't think there will be huge riots considering all the stores learned from last year. Some one was killed because of a 360. But since most 24/7 walmarts are getting a minimum of 30 systems there really isn't much to worry about

mine isnt 24/7 and where i live, i would be surprised to get limke 10, i dont live in a HUGE area, but decent enough..... The guy said, it was bad last year so and they are not sure if they are going to open early but for know its 7am.. i planned on going at 2am, but if its first come first serve and no specific line, i would get run over. and my mom doesnt want me to go if its going to be crazy........... I would pay 550 on ebay. 300 from my parents (b-day gift) and i would pay the rest....I work so it wont kill me financially.

that really sucks, do ur parents care if u get this or not??? Maybe they need some facts to encourage them how sweet the wii is. Ebay is a lot of money but if you cant get one, it might be your only option and prices would increase after release i think..... Any one agree, that ebay might be the only way if u cant get 1 frm any stores?????

Wiitime said:
that really sucks, do ur parents care if u get this or not??? Maybe they need some facts to encourage them how sweet the wii is. Ebay is a lot of money but if you cant get one, it might be your only option and prices would increase after release i think..... Any one agree, that ebay might be the only way if u cant get 1 frm any stores?????

I don't really think so, I mean 4 million world wide by Christmas and 2 million for North America, that should be enough to almost satisify everone's need. And they are shipping Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday as long as you persist you can get one

COLDshiver said:
Unlucky i guess :( I'm camping out at Walmart (24/7 store)
Hey so am I, Hooray for indoor 24/7 stores, I don't have to sleep in the cold

and just tell your mom that there will be many people around and that you know self defense. But, it still may not work

that wouldnt work lol..... so the stores are getting more in Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday? Thats still hard considering i have school..... This really really sucks..... Costco was my best shot and so was walmart, but today both stores killed me.............

yankeesrule13251 said:
that wouldnt work lol..... so the stores are getting more in Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday? Thats still hard considering i have school..... This really really sucks..... Costco was my best shot and so was walmart, but today both stores killed me.............
No Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, and there may be another shipment sometime in December most likely after it has released everywhere else, but there may not be a second release at all

this sucks!!!! then ebay might have to be my last resort then.. but my parents refuse to let me. I would even pay for the rest.... And the price will increase after launch..My dad seems to think, he can walk in to a walmart and pick it up... No matter how i tell him its going to be sold out, he wont listen to me.

Ok scratch what I said earlier here is what my Wal-Mart is doing, I'm in a medium town I guess, They said that there will be a minimum of 20 per store. They said call early on Saturday and ask about the line. Then show up and wait in the electronics section. At 11:00 Pm they are handing out numbers and then at 12:01 when your number is called you just walk up and get your system. This is only for 24/7 walmarts, but maybe it can help you with other stores

there is another walmart like 30 minutes ago from me... I dont have my lisence yet but soon but i still cant drive that late. That walmart is a 24/7 walmart, i assume they r doing a midnight launch but my parents said No, they are not taking me there to get it.. I work till 11 so i should go right there but they wouldnt take me..

riots for the 360?! because they were under produced there guy. The Nintendo crowd is much calmer, mostly older peeps like me, and younger kids. A few pimples in the crowd sure, after many midnite launches precautions will be made. Costco WILL get wiis just not putting them out on the 19th.Thats why I shop at sams club business member...I get in 2 hours before everyone else does.

yankeesrule13251 said:
I called costco and they are not getting the wii. Walmart, the guy said last year for the 360 there were riots and a lot of people. So my mom isnt crazy of me going there ( too dangerous). best buy near is me going to be packed, its in a mall and people are camping out 2 days before release.... Same with target. That leaves me with no wii and it will probably be the same if the next shipment comes in near x-mas.... I would do ebay because its worth it but my parents arent crazy about spending a extra $200. ( which i volunteered to pay for since the wii is a b-day gift from october).............. Help, any ideas?!?

Well when launch day comes around, hit me up with a PM if you don't get one, and if I have an extra one I'll sell it to you for about 100 more.

My 2 bros and I are all splitting up at 3 different stores and camping out. If we all get 1 I'll sell one on ebay for big profit, keep one, and sell the other one to you (if I get it of course).

yankeesrule13251 said:

Well... unless the American warehouses are different from the Canadian one's, I really don't see why they wouldn't be getting the systems.

I work for a Canadian warehouse and we WILL be getting them on launch day.

I have a list showing each warehouse and how many units they will be receiving. Check out my blog: Nintendo Wii - Canuck Edition

Also, some of you asked me to check out if I can get a list for the American warehouse and I will be doing that on thursday.

Back