I dont understand how can graphics=fun?

rdizzle

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2006
I gotta question here the for graphics junkies. How does a game looking good or bad effect how fun it is? I mean I could understand if the game wasnt even 3d or very hard on the eyes but... This crap whining about the graphics is dumb launch titles never use most of the systems potential.

I got nice computer i would like to say its not "top of the line " but i like to play CSS and when i play CSS i use configs that completely destory my graphics to really terrible point and im so used to it from my bad pc that graphics dont bother me anymore.

So to end this post im just saying asking why buy a wii to rag on the graphics?

Another argument i wanted to bring up was the fact that your basically playing the same games with a (expected) upgrade of natural graphics (ps3 fans) its the same old thing and we all stuck with it until we saw a new way to play games. I am for one hooked on the wii and even though great graphics is a plus it doesnt make the game ( my opinon).

so help me understand the graphics = fun opinon.

kthx

The thing is, the graphics in the Wii games i have played haven't bothered me. I've just been enjoying a fresh way to play games. If someone buys a Wii just to make fun of it's poor graphics (JUST COMPARED TO 360 AND PS3) then they just wasted their money on something that they don't like. For everyone else who likes games with depth, amazing gameplay and who don't care about having the shiniest game, the Wii is perfect.

Well alot of people like Visual effects in a game that make them jump and Say WOW! that was awesome and it draws them into the game and more into the story... that is one side i like a mix of Decent gfx w/ GREAT gameplay and features that is fun to me but everyone have different views on it but my first bit explains the normal look on why...

I have to admit, there's a valid point that graphics "does not equal" fun. My brother has a PS2 and one game I brought was "Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII." Definitely not great graphics but the "game itself" is fun and fits right into my bag.

Graphics just contribute partly with what makes a game great. We also have audio, gameplay, lasting appeal, impression and sociability(be it online or having multiple players).

Objectively, consoles provide the means and the games are the ends. PS3,XBox 360 and Wii is not fun but their games are.

Jayman said:
Objectively, consoles provide the means and the games are the ends. PS3,XBox 360 and Wii is not fun but their games are.

I have to disagree i find the Wii fun..... lol i spent more time on it just browsing then playing Wii sports(only game i have till this weekend) lol however for most part yes it is the games i just like the Wii's menus they are so SHINEY!

c8010 said:
The thing is, the graphics in the Wii games i have played haven't bothered me. I've just been enjoying a fresh way to play games. If someone buys a Wii just to make fun of it's poor graphics (JUST COMPARED TO 360 AND PS3) then they just wasted their money on something that they don't like. For everyone else who likes games with depth, amazing gameplay and who don't care about having the shiniest game, the Wii is perfect.

That's pretty much the view I've had all along... I've not yet played a Wii (till tomorrow!) but I've never been one to 'need' graphics from a console - I've got a good PC I can use for nice looking games. On the rare times I play consoles I wana be able to pick a game up and have fun - I could play Ocarina of Time or FFVII again anytime now and the graphics get put aside cause of the immersive storylines

Roll on 8am tomorrow... :)

i am not a graphix junkie but i think the wiis graphix are just rite..there not crap or amzing but there original.........i sumtimes do need good graphix to play games lke gears of war just becuz of the blood and such........when u chainsaw sum1 it is rele fun to to all the blood cum from them

have u played splinter cell1 for xbox1? the gameplay is pretty good and the graphics are really nice, when the graphics are that nice u cant help but say wow, and it looks more realistic and draws you into the game i suppose, people can say the ps2 graphics aint as good as the gamecubes or xbox, but when u play sumthing like metal gear solid 2 you can tell there really using its potential, and its nice to have graphics and good gameplay, no one said u cant have both,:)

LukasJr said:
i am not a graphix junkie but i think the wiis graphix are just rite..there not crap or amzing but there original.........i sumtimes do need good graphix to play games lke gears of war just becuz of the blood and such........when u chainsaw sum1 it is rele fun to to all the blood cum from them

Oh no you have become a psycho....
Anyway, good graphics not = fun, I snubbed DS in favour for the PSP first but after I've played the DS lite, like warioware and phoenix wright and the dogs (yes I'm a guy and I had pet), PSP is now out of the window. The reason I bought the PSP was simply because of its graphics power but soon after trying out so many games, I found it very boring bcos gameplay is similar to GC, PS2, N64, Sega, NES etc ever since I started gaming 20 years ago.... And Wii is the kind of gaming exp I've been waiting for since Street fighter 2. Thank God for this creation.:aureola:

Last edited:
bondbond611 said:
Oh no you have become a psycho....
Anyway, good graphics not = fun, I snubbed DS in favour for the PSP first but after I've played the DS lite, like warioware and phoenix wright and the dogs (yes I'm a guy and I had pet), PSP is now out of the window. The reason I bought the PSP was simply because of its graphics power but soon after trying out so many games, I found it very boring bcos gameplay is similar to GC, PS2, N64, Sega, NES etc ever since I started gaming 20 years ago.... And Wii is the kind of gaming exp I've been waiting for since Street fighter 2. Thank God for this creation.:aureola:

Yup I agree... hopefully I still will tomorrow!

Graphic's can only go so far, Gameplay can go on forever. Guess which one Nintendo chose?
Now the PS3 has Very good graphic's but for 600 dollars its not worth it at all since Zelda has pretty good grapihic's and dont need to be any better to have more fun.

JerrodDRagon said:
Graphic's can only go so far, Gameplay can go on forever. Guess which one Nintendo chose?
Now the PS3 has Very good graphic's but for 600 dollars its not worth it at all since Zelda has pretty good grapihic's and dont need to be any better to have more fun.
Are you blind? The PS3 is probably the cheapest of all the systems out right now. Your paying $600 for something that is worth at least $1000.

ZinGy said:
Are you blind? The PS3 is probably the cheapest of all the systems out right now. Your paying $600 for something that is worth at least $1000.
pretty true but it is not the cheapest its just the most of a bargain

yep it is cheap for what it is and thus Sony is going to make it good :)

Back