I feel totally stupid

cuzdav

WiiChat Member
Nov 23, 2006
I just turned on my wii for the first time. The first thing it wanted was for me to press 'A' on the remote, which I did, it made a "bonk" noise, then went to the language selection screen.

At this point, I cannot seem to proceed. No buttons select a language, and I cannot even highlight other languages besides english. I'd suspect 'A' would accept, but it does not--it simply does nothing. The power button works on the remote, and when I leave it sitting idle and the screen goes dark, pressing buttons on the remote does make it bright again. Therefore it is properly synced, the batteries functional, and the machine can receive the signal. However, I cannot figure out how to actually accept the selected language, and so I'm stuck.

I've tried every button, every combination of buttons, the nunchuck, holding them for long (and short) durations, waving the remote around, and still nothing works. Rebooting does not help either.

Any ideas how to get past this? I like to think I'm not stupid, but things like this raises my doubts sometimes.

Thanks for any help...

Chris

well some questions first, on the bottom of your wiimote, there are 4 little boxes...the first(all the way to the left should be lighted up, but ONLY that one) is it?

also, is the cursor for the wiimote appearing on the screen?

Damnit this happend to me and I already forget how i fixed it. Im sorry. Just wanted to say its not only you.

Wii remote...

Hey there cuzdav,
I'm not sure but it I haven't heard you say anything about the sensor bar. Is it installed correctly? and in the center of your screen? Is it below or above your screen? Is it facing the right way? You should see a little hand move around the TV screen if its all done correctly. Use the Wii remote like a Mouse on a Computer. Good Luck...

Wii Ya...
MO

solved

thanks for the feedback everyone.
In checking the sensor bar, I tried unplugging it from the console and plugging it back in and then things began to work. I think the original connection wasn't in quite right.

Now for the bad news: 110213. :(

cuzdav said:
thanks for the feedback everyone.
In checking the sensor bar, I tried unplugging it from the console and plugging it back in and then things began to work. I think the original connection wasn't in quite right.

Now for the bad news: 110213. :(
That's a fatal error code, I think... that means you have to ship it back to nintendo. :(

Start swinging the remote side to side until you see the little cursor hand. Same thing happened to me before I figured out what was going on...

Same issue as above. Wii stuck at language select screen. Controller synced and has one light on but can’t select English and pointer not working

Back