I got my proxies!!!

IGGUS

WiiChat Member
Nov 23, 2010
NYC
Very happy to say that I've finally earned my Proximity Mines that come along with Level 53. It's one of the reasons I've bought/played the game, as it was a favorite on the N64 as well.

Having never hacked my game/console, it's great to have this in my loadouts, besides enjoying it in Heroes. I've played about 15 games now with them and already caught myself smirking when someone runs into one or knowing one saved my life.

I hoped there would be 3 proxies like with MI6 Heroes - but only two. I've already been killed while staring at a busy intersection thinking the best place to plant one, and my average game score has gone down while I'm changing the way I play the game a bit, but damn am I glad I've stuck with the game - anyone losing steam keep with it!

looks like im going to have to put minesweeper back on my load out, but you know whats really satisfying is killing someone with their own mine, watch out for that. but any way, congrats on earning them.

I can't wait until I get proximities... Only about ummm... a whole friggin bunch more xp!!! Junk! Oh well, at least I'll know I got there honestly when it happens.

Congrats, Smh I'm only at rank 38. Been having fun/adjusting to the thermal scope though.

Proxies some day.

Thanks all - in case you want to do the math, the level up for 53 is 1,181,700 points. Anyone else out there keeping game to game stats? (I have been since level 33, and at this pace I should get my Ivana in 265 games!)

Thanks all - in case you want to do the math, the level up for 53 is 1,181,700 points. Anyone else out there keeping game to game stats? (I have been since level 33, and at this pace I should get my Ivana in 265 games!)

That's depressing. I don't even wanna think about how long it will take me... :-/

Try sticking one to another player's face. It is hilarious looking. I've thrown one on my sis's face in split screen, and all you see is a rectangle outline then BOOM!

Hate you!... j/k Congrats! Ive just started playing heroes and Proxys are fun but I know what you mean if you try to lay them at the wrong time = instant death.

Hate Proxys seriously. Im glad you only get 2. Its funny to watch a guy lay proxies from far away and forget completely and run into them DOH! But Ill be watching for you and if I see your name in my sniper maps Ill camp all day waiting to blow you up w/ your own proxies.

Heres a tip playing against those with proxies; chuck a grenade first before storming the area to set off any nearby proxys! Works with any explosives even mines.

And a ? when you die after laying your proxys do they go too?

Hate you!... j/k Congrats! Ive just started playing heroes and Proxys are fun but I know what you mean if you try to lay them at the wrong time = instant death.

Hate Proxys seriously. Im glad you only get 2. Its funny to watch a guy lay proxies from far away and forget completely and run into them DOH! But Ill be watching for you and if I see your name in my sniper maps Ill camp all day waiting to blow you up w/ your own proxies.

Heres a tip playing against those with proxies; chuck a grenade first before storming the area to set off any nearby proxys! Works with any explosives even mines.

Yes, proxies go with you.

And it's not like you can't see proxies; there's only a few places in each map I'd say you might be completely blind to the mine until it's too late. If I only have two I'm not going to toss one just anywhere, so see how many 53+ players are in your game, where they are, and you'll find the mines.

Yes, proxies go with you.

And it's not like you can't see proxies; there's only a few places in each map I'd say you might be completely blind to the mine until it's too late. If I only have two I'm not going to toss one just anywhere, so see how many 53+ players are in your game, where they are, and you'll find the mines.

I just need that one IED proficiency 1 more x to finish it. Proxys are RARE so I usually never see them coming. Put them inside of doorways thats the best. Well have fun with your proxies, its rare to actually see someone who has EARNED them.

Weeeeeeeeee you can now take NO TALENT in killing people

Makes for a fun game, I exited out of a few where there were a bunch of level 50 people tossing proxies around like water...yeah no thank you no talent hacks.

Then your not placing them well, a door way where you know someone can not see around, every level has those. Unless you happen to come the other way and see it, but as your being fired at you don't have time to scope out proxies.

In Hereo's its kind of stupid only Bond has them...but yep I know how to place them well...but the thing is I don't think my kills should count from them.

Back