I got No More Heroes. Should I crack it open?

I'll say this about the game....It should win an award for "The most not sure if I should buy, rent or even open the game award." I like what one person said about not trusting a review since 1997. I mean, think about how many movies/games you have watched/played, there is always someone out there who can't stand it, someone who loves it and others who are ambivalent. Think about this way, most of the time a review is from ONE source. The best reviews, IMO, are on amazon.com. There you will find pretty decent reviews from gamers like us. The Game Informer review of this game sounded a bit subjective. Most game review sites are very subjective, unless you work for these sites/magazines, we have no idea what goes on there. Do you know how many critics are paid to say this and that...a lot. Just my two cents, I'm picky about games too, and it can drive you nuts if you over analyze getting a game or not. By the time you get it, you may have already made up your mind if you are going to like it or not. In that case if you're not sure, I would suggest renting it and playing it for a week until you've won it. If the game is REALLY good, than it's worth the rental price on top of buying the game.

By all means, I'm not trying to be self righteous. I'm in the same boat as most people when it comes to buying a game based on reviews, makes me just want to mod my wii

Last edited:
FRuMMaGe said:
Maybe you would like us to decide other obvious tasks for you?

Should you breathe or not? :lol:

The sort of person that buys a game and doesn't open it doesn't have a right to oxygen.

ChristmasWii said:
I got it just because I had about $121.00 in store credit, any way, I am wondering if I should open it. How do you guys feel about the game?

why would you buy it in the first place if you're unsure of as to whether you actually want it or not?

okay i think we have made our point here with all the sarcasm. we are fueling this thread more than it needs to travel.

thas said:
okay i think we have made our point here with all the sarcasm. we are fueling this thread more than it needs to travel.

BeatDeadHorse.gif:lol: :lol:

You could always take a razor and open it up where the plastic flaps. Play it, then put it back in the case, put the case back in the plastic and use a very clear super glue and basically brush some glue on the plastic. BUT! Make sure you dont put alot, only a very small amount so that it sticks but doesn't show. That way you can play it and return it.

T3kNi9e said:
You could always take a razor and open it up where the plastic flaps. Play it, then put it back in the case, put the case back in the plastic and use a very clear super glue and basically brush some glue on the plastic. BUT! Make sure you dont put alot, only a very small amount so that it sticks but doesn't show. That way you can play it and return it.

or an easier way is to rent it, play it and scratch it till its unplayable and return it the same day saying its very choppy or it doesnt work.:lol:

but your suggestion is good to.

Back