I got the PAL Wii Today!

TheCostOfLiving

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
First of all, let me set the scenario. I'm currently living in Crete (a small island near Greece), after a move from the UK a few months ago. So last week, i finally decided to look around for pre-orders, no luck, even in the major towns. Most places didn't even know what it was, and the ones that did weren't taking pre-orders due to low demand for video games. So i went online, knowing that there wasn't a hope that anywhere would ship it out in time for release. Yeah, no luck.

A couple of days later, i went into town, and found a couple of games shops, in which i found that one shop, Multirama, was getting the Wii in! I asked if i could reserve one, and they assured me that when they got them in, i'd have one.

The next day, i went back to the store, just to check when they would be getting them in. The store told me that it could be anytime between the 10th and the 21st. :(

So today, December 2nd, i get a call from them saying that the Wii's have arrived and that they've put one aside for me. Lucky, huh!

It's hella fun. I'm so happy, and i feel really lucky (especially after all the choas in America) to be able to walk straight into a store and pick one up...hassle free! Not to mention a week before launch!

Well all of us waiting for ours to come around the 8th (including me :p) envy you, let us know what its like :) and if you get any problems or anything :) and myne shud c0ome on the 7th-8th lol but well done m8!

Yeah, it's in a hard case.

The only downside is that the store didn't get any games in, but that's just a minor blip.

As for the system itself, it's really fun. Wii Sports is highly addictive, although i couldn't play it all day, non-stop.

Hey man, you should feel pretty good considering you got a Wii before 99% of people in Europe. Bravo man. You shouldn't have a problem picking up games online. What games are you looking to pick up?

I'll probably just start off with Zelda, and maybe Super Monkey Ball (I'd like to see how it handles with the Wiimote). I'm also looking forward to Wario Ware, which looks like it'll be awesome. Other than that, any games i should look out for?

Funny thing is, almost the same thing happened last year. I waited until the last minute (couple of days before the release) to pre-order the 360, and got lucky on the GAME site. I received it on the launch day.

I guess I'm pretty damn lucky with these things.

You should look out for games such as; Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy and Batalion Wars 2 just to name a few

I got my wii on the 19th luckely I preorderd mine.
I also have twilight princess and redsteel.

TheCostOfLiving said:
First of all, let me set the scenario. I'm currently living in Crete (a small island near Greece), after a move from the UK a few months ago. So last week, i finally decided to look around for pre-orders, no luck, even in the major towns. Most places didn't even know what it was, and the ones that did weren't taking pre-orders due to low demand for video games. So i went online, knowing that there wasn't a hope that anywhere would ship it out in time for release. Yeah, no luck.

A couple of days later, i went into town, and found a couple of games shops, in which i found that one shop, Multirama, was getting the Wii in! I asked if i could reserve one, and they assured me that when they got them in, i'd have one.

The next day, i went back to the store, just to check when they would be getting them in. The store told me that it could be anytime between the 10th and the 21st. :(

So today, December 2nd, i get a call from them saying that the Wii's have arrived and that they've put one aside for me. Lucky, huh!

It's hella fun. I'm so happy, and i feel really lucky (especially after all the choas in America) to be able to walk straight into a store and pick one up...hassle free! Not to mention a week before launch!

I should report that company to Nintendo for breaking some sort of an agreement I'm sure and I hope they take your Wii back...

I have 6 more days to wait... so you are not allowed to play it until then...

theRook

therook said:
I should report that company to Nintendo for breaking some sort of an agreement I'm sure and I hope they take your Wii back...

I have 6 more days to wait... so you are not allowed to play it until then...

theRook
i sense some jealousy lol. anyways dude, your lucky. i wish their were stupid stores near me that sold systems early lol

Mitch2025 said:
i sense some jealousy lol. anyways dude, your lucky. i wish their were stupid stores near me that sold systems early lol

Yeah, Greece is like that. If they've got something now, they don't generally see the point in waiting.

Back