I hate microsoft, but I must admit...

didibus

WiiChat Member
Sep 9, 2006
I really hate microsoft!! Microsoft just like to screw everything that moves. I'll just barely mention they have patents in car making so they get paid every time a car is built. So, ignoring the fact they have no reason messing around with cars, I hate their sudden move to hardware development. Microsoft never innovates. They make you think they do. Like putting out a wannabe Ipod with more DRM. It's a really unfair company. Not mentioning how they started out by stealing WYSIWYG from Mac and call it Windows. They are unfair cause they don't care about what they do, they care about power. Not money, POWER! I know every business cares about money, but that's alright. Microsoft just wants to own everything. Like they own the OS market. They are a monopoly and want to be for everything.

This is where Xbox comes in. I wished Microsoft had never made the Xbox or even attempted to jump in the game market. Even the stupid games for windows. Why a my saying that, well, cause Microsoft just enjoys ruining everything. It lives for the loss of others. Look at how Microsoft is slowly buying every developer studios they can lay their hands on. Or how they pay all out to get the games. Ya, I know Sony or Nintendo might also try to get the games. It's just, can they compete? Microsoft will lose money until they gain money, it's the only one of the 3 that can afford such a business practice. Sony comes behind, but if it wasn't for Microsoft, it wouldn't have choose this strategy. Xbox Live, yea it's great, but you pay for it. So people say, I'd rather pay for something great then get something inferior for free. Fine, even if it doesn't explain why people keep on using windows since it sucks, but... Anyhow, if you accept to pay for Xbox Live, we are slowly loosing the war. Remember when blockbuster came in and rented game for 99 cents. I do! Well, we lost the war, now we pay 8 bucks for our rental and it has nothing to do with inflation. The truth is, it is possible to get an as good online as Live for free. If we settle, don't think they will, once the free alternatives are out, it's raising prices no doubt.

But... I must admit that, even if I have a visceral hate against Microsoft from being a sucker for them all these years. The 360 is not a bad product and Windows XP isn't so crappy after all. But seriously, after all this time and with all this cash, how could they make a bad product. It's almost impossible. No matter how bad the drink is, if you put sugar in it, it'll taste better. So yea, I actually think the 360 is good. Not good enough to destroy the competition, but good enough to compete. And even if I hate having to pay for Live, they did push the online on console to advanced faster.

What I'm afraid off is giving Microsoft too much power. I know that has soon as it has the opportunity it will use all it's resources to crush the competition and then it will crush us, the consumers. Then all we will be left with is complaining for being suckers. Just like we do on the PC.

What do you guys think?
A my just a paranoid freak wasting his life writing stuff like this, or could I have valid beliefs and justified fears?
Try to be intelligent, if you can?

P,S: Wow that's long... WTV, take it or leave it, lol.

COLDshiver said:
imo, you are just too paranoid. Microsoft is amazing :)

Why do you think Bill Gates got out of Microsoft? He knew people are starting to realize what Microsoft's plans really are. Just look at Vista, it SCREAMS Apple.

COLDshiver said:
imo, you are just too paranoid. Microsoft is amazing :)

Whoa... "amazing"??? Aren't you being a little... over-enthusiastic here?

@ didibus - the same can be said about all major multinational powers... microsoft may not be a good samaritan corporation, but it's definitely not the devil himself! :p

Well i'm not really a MS hater. My disapproving eye is too busy scanning EA atm.

Anyway i was very sceptical about the original Xbox, and i was right. Pretty low sales( i know that it was decent considering that it was their first console), and very few "must have" games.

I considered myself to be a cow until Sony's pre-E3 show this year, but after seeing the PS3's price i just...... :tard:

I saw the light :idea:

After my fanboyism was washed away i could see how good the 360 was.

- The 360's graphics capabilities are as good, if not better in some ways than the PS3's.

- It's much cheaper than the PS3

- There are many more interesting titles currently being developed for the 360 than the PS3.

- Live is a very good online service

I don't see how anyone can hate a certain company, unless maybe the company's chairman came to your house and personally slapped you around. Microsoft has done a great job, they're extremely successful and deliver quality products. I have no problem with Microsoft.

i leave it,ur obviously a fanboy or some thing,iam not here to judge but i love microsoft and nintendo. p.s. i thought nintendo fans and microsoft fans got along? guess not.

I think pretty much everyone in the Information Technology department at my school hates microsoft.

Apple is pretty lame though also. And Steve Jobbs is a complete fairy. If I want unix I'll use Linux.

Sovieto said:
mac over prices their products big time, what you talkin about!?

QTF.

The reason why MAC's haven't been big in the past 10 years is because of how overpriced they are due to proprietary companies. The minimac was as cheap as they got and those bombed.

As far as macbooks go.....lmao.

You know the funny thing about everyone that hates Microsoft, most people have no real reason to hate them. There are a select few that have legitimate reasons for disliking MS and things they have done, but a majority of the haters are some type of fanboy.

Windows is more flexible and open then the Mac OS, yet everyone complains how MS forces you to use there software. The reason Apples do not get viruses is because it is so lock down and linear, where the flexibility of window is so open, people with write software to take advantage of the non computer savvy.

I like Apple, even though I don’t use Macs much, but like a lot of there products, and I like Microsoft and a lot of the products it makes. The xbox360 is awesome, Windows Vista is cool, but the Zune kind of sucks. The Zune it self is nice, but the overall strategy and use of DRM is a deal killer for me.

As for Bill Gates, he is one of the most noble men around, for a man worth several billion dollars, donating 40% of his money to charities and stepping down as CEO from one of the largest companies in the world to help run the day to day operation for said charity is unheard of.

Last edited:
I don't hate microsoft or Sony, hate leads to suffering, suffering leads to anger. But it does annoy me that they buy out third party companies.

Square - Only recently got these bad boys back.

Capcom - They saw the light, Anyone played their releases on cube. Resident Evil 4, Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7.

Rare - Looks like we lost em for good, was disapointed with some of their X box releases. Grabbed by the ghoulies...yawn! Come back, more Donkey Kong country, Diddy Kong racing!

Companies shouldn't allow it to happen they should make games for all systems, like some do.

EA - Go to hell, sorry your already there. Freeze hell!

Sega - I have excepted these, once they were enemies now allies.

Sony - Don't know how to make games just spend money...

X - Box - Hmm graphics are good...but does that make a game?

I've rambled on so long I have no idea what I'm going on about...

Back