I hate this game

mym6

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2007
ND USA
I hate this game because I keep getting my ass kicked online but I want to play it anyway.

I'm not very good but I feel like the game is completely against me at times. I play people who lob pass it between players until it's charged and then shoot and it's in. When I try that, nobody is ever there to take the pass. It's like my guys pass it off to la-la land. Worse is that I have no luck when shooting. It can be charged up all the way and shot after shot it's blocked. Meanwhile, my opponent is doing the same thing and each one goes in. I don't get it, what am I doing different? Pass pass pass it's charged, hammer bro shoots, it's blocked...WTF?

Well that's that, my rant is over.

Maybe we can play together ( I live in europe so time difference might be a problem and speed ) but than I can see what youre doing wrong.

Try to look at the opponent and try to do the same against a level 1 computer. Try off-line than go online.

I suck at online too...but I've only had it for a day. Anyone wanna play me online sometime to help me out, or tell me what I could do better?

I'm actually having less problem the computer. One thing about online play is that any lag really screws me up. I hate to be that guy that says I lost because of lag but there are times where I press pass and it seems like nothing happens so I press it again, then it passes twice really fast. Other times I can't get my guy to change direction quick enough.

like cyber said, practice at level 1, then level 2, then level 3, then keep going until you feel comfortable. then go online. you have to find little tricks and your rhythm. once you found that you'll be scoring goals with ease

I got this game the day before release (pre-ordered) and I loved it, for a few weeks. I havent played it for a few months now..

lol seriously it works if you take out your opponents options he'll be by himself, they usually pass it off but no one will get it because you took out his players, hahahahaha

another reason why you dont like the game, could be the people you use. i used peach in the begining, she was quick but her shots sucks. i then played as dk with the same sidekicks i used with peach, i still lost but the game was closer. now i love dk, he may be slow and his passing sucks, but his shooting and defense is top notch. same thing with bowser too. my perfect team consist of toad, drybones, hammer, and dk/bowser. toad and drybones push the ball forward with their speed while dk and hammer score the goals with their shooting. plus they are good on defense also. so just play around with different players until you find what you like

I'm a fan of same three but I use mario as my team captain. I love drybone's warp.

Wii-Fi, when they get up they'll have power ups galore :(

true but lobbers don't tend to use a lot of items, since they don't really need to take any one out to shoot or pass. (They lob the ball till it's white then they do a lob shot, doesn't require anytime to shoot, and they won't have time to use the item on offence at least, it will make scoring tougher. That's what i remember, i haven't played in a while since i rented madden, maybe things changed
That's a last resort tactic too, if they're really good, you can't always steal the lob from them:smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
lol i bought the wii and this game about a week ago and i got good on my 4th day i uess lol just keep playing its ok if you lose no one cres lol... =)

ok when people lob passes, stand close to the red cirlce on the ground and clikc Z+A which lets you intercept it instead of standing there like an idiot and let ur oppenent score.

you said when u try to do the same thing, it flies to LALA land, well, u need to do A+Z+direction. there's no way in hell it will go to la la land, is either ur blind or u got tackle before the ball go to you.
\

stop whining.

Back