I hate zipped files. . . (plz help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAKE196

Cogito Ergo Sum
Sep 21, 2007
Williamsburg, VA (U.S.A.)
Ok I downloaded a patch for UT3 but it's zipped right, so i just click on the unzip wizard, but it says 'your evaluation period has expired.' Then I downloaded winzip 11.1 and it said the same thing. . .

After that I downloaded unzip wizard 3.12 which is supposed to be completely free but it STILL says the same thing. . .

help!

I got Vista. . .

You should be able to Right-Click on it and use the Open With -> Compressed (Zipped) Folders which should be the "native" Winders ZIP handler.

BTW, love ZIP :D We use a nice C1 component to ZIP up XML/XSD and XLS bundles encrypted to distribute some HIPAA compliant data. :)

Just click "use evaluation version"

Mines been installed for 700 days and I havent payed

Darkprinny said:

Yeah, I kind of thought ZIP evals lasted FOREVER.

Per X@vier, I use RAR for ZIP/RAR/etc.

[DT] said:
You should be able to Right-Click on it and use the Open With -> Compressed (Zipped) Folders which should be the "native" Winders ZIP handler.

BTW, love ZIP :D We use a nice C1 component to ZIP up XML/XSD and XLS bundles encrypted to distribute some HIPAA compliant data. :)
ZIP sucks, it's compression rate is so poor compared to modern standards of RAR.

X@vier said:
u can always use winrar as well to open it up.

~X

Unless you plan to buy a license for WinRAR (I have and its a wonderful utility), use 7-Zip , it's Free and handles most compression formats.

Darkprinny said:

I know thats possible, but I still paid for the Utility. If ya like it, sure you can do that, but if you want to support the developers, buy a license.

Last edited:
Gaz said:
ZIP sucks, it's compression rate is so poor compared to modern standards of RAR.

Yeah, I usually use RAR since the stuff I find tends to be in that format, but you've obviously never worked with the feds who have *specific* requirements (per HIPPA, EMR transfer, etc.) to use ZIP - hence my ~love~ for it (or "love" for the sarcasm challenged...) :D

[edit]

More importantly, did the OP get his issue resolved?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back