"I have three ps3's"

Shiftfallout said:
I have 3 penis's... now while you may have 1.. i must say I have 3. Now some of you might be having fun with 1.. but I have 3, and that means 3 times as fun..and a cake. If you have none, thats too bad because i have.. three.

lol that wouldn't make any sense if you didn't watch the vid.

ha ha ha... i was going to post something similar until i read this.

Great minds think alike.

lol

---

this guys a dumbass... (just in general)

-

The PS3 is annoying... it's getting low ratings across the board and the games designers are practically (literally in some cases) running away from it (it's way too complex for a 3rd party to port something to... and small games designers, such as Atari and Edios interactive will have nothing do do with it, in fact... Atari have said they will be making NONE for it.)

-

Also... what's the point in putting cell processors it doesn't have enough RAM to use??! it's freakin' retarded... this type of processing need at least 1GB to fully use it... they could've stuck in 4 cells for 256mb not 8... such a waste... they might as well have taped the other 4 on... they're useless

Only 256mb dedicated to graphics... that's pretty useless... that's last generations PC graphics card.

-

=| also blu-ray is pointless... Sony is backing it... look at what happened to Betamax and UMD - 'nuff said

HD-DVD is being back by Microsoft... they're good for it... they can afford a loss if Blue-Ray wins, but if Sony lost... they'd probably never make another Playstaion.

It's far to expensive.

They should've done what the Xbox did. I.e. have 2 or 3 packages

Core: Just for games; no blue-ray drive, no hard drive £200... of course this is impossible for them as they've decided to go with games in Blue-ray format

Premium: same as above but with hard drive £290 (again not possible because of the above problem)

Elite: the 'Normal' PS3 that's out today + 60GB-120GB hard drive £500

if the blue-ray loses i wouldn't expect another console from Sony.

-

The PS3 has no titles of interest. they're either Racing or ancient war time shooter or MGS, which i am not into at all! (which has gone down hill from the 1st one... same with Halo... the 1st (both) was was amazing... but then they became classic 'Sequel' style - i.e. the same game... but not as good.)

-

25GB is redundant for a game... PS3 gamers insist that they will have more levels and more graphics for their games...

Most have no idea how long it takes to program something that is 25GB in size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's about 8 years worth of work EVEN FOR A LARGE COMPANY!!! - hence the reason why games developers and designers are keeping well away, after all they are human and need to sleep.

it took 3-4 years to make GOW that's only 9GB! and PS3 users want more!?!?! this is practically impossible... but some poor games designers will have to do it... i really do feel sorry for them

---

that's my opinion anyways - i'm NEVER buying one... i've got a Wii and a X360 and a decent PC... i'd rather have those TBH - i paid £400 for an upgrade for my PC and another £50 for windows vista premium (i get it for £50 cos i'm a student ^^)...

i only got my X360 for house of the dead 4 and later GOW... and i only got my Wii for Metroid 3... but there are so many other games i now want...

^^

IOW... it doesn't mater how many you have... it's still a crappy console ^^

Last edited:
joe_duffy said:
Dead Rising is really god on the 360, now thats def a game to own

i know... i've seen it... it looks so good... you can apparently kill zombies with lawn mowers ^^

sounds great don't it ^^

I don't really get what the point of having 3 PS3's is........3x teh suxage?

guys, it was a JOKE. LoL. Satire, humor, funneh. It wasnt supposed to be taken seriously.

Also The_Flood502, I support the PS3 actually. It is a very good system and highly bashed due to illogical bias and misinformation. There are many cases of developers praising its capabiltities, and while some developers may shy away from the cell processor, the only reason they do so is because they were to lazy to learn the changes in programming language. They are still stuck in the past.

As for blue ray, it is not pointless. Its needed and developers have been thanking not just sony, but the many many many companies backing it. Apple and Disney to name a few. There are a total of 180 companies behind the creation of blue ray. You need to get your facts in order.

Also as for Microsoft backing HD-DVD, they admitted they are open to releasing a Blue ray rom for their products as well, since they are only interested in what is the best format. Blue ray offers a lot of space and a lot of growth, its harder to pirate and at this point is much more accepted than HD-DVD which is fairly limited with its growth potential.

If you want to talk about expensive, the 360 will cost you MORE than the ps3 for an equivilant system. Seriously, add up all those little features, addons and XBOX LIVE and you are paying more. M$ was smart at getting people to pay less only to spend more on their other things. PS3 online is free and its insanely fast. Much better than xboxlive in my opinion when i used to play it.

The truth is, most of what you say isnt really truth at all, just a lot of hot air and bias. Dont get offended, but there was no firm logic in your post. The xbox is good for what the xbox does, the ps3 is good for what the ps3 does. And quite frankly the PS3 can do a lot.

Great minds think alike eh

Shiftfallout said:
guys, it was a JOKE. LoL. Satire, humor, funneh. It wasnt supposed to be taken seriously.

^^ i take everything seriously... especially insults to games programmers. (N)

Also The_Flood502, I support the PS3 actually. It is a very good system and highly bashed due to illogical bias and misinformation. There are many cases of developers praising its capabiltities, and while some developers may shy away from the cell processor, the only reason they do so is because they were to lazy to learn the changes in programming language. They are still stuck in the past.

=| TOO LAZY?!?! you're just a total jerk.

You try making a game buddy, you'll see how hard it really is!

There are over 20 different types of programming language - which all these 'lazy' gaming programmers will have excelent knowledge of.

I want a report on all of them and all of their codes and syntax formulas off you... and i want you to explain how they all work

If you can't you're obviously lazy.

As for blue ray, it is not pointless. Its needed and developers have been thanking not just sony, but the many many many companies backing it. Apple and Disney to name a few. There are a total of 180 companies behind the creation of blue ray. You need to get your facts in order.

Also as for Microsoft backing HD-DVD, they admitted they are open to releasing a Blue ray rom for their products as well, since they are only interested in what is the best format. Blue ray offers a lot of space and a lot of growth, its harder to pirate and at this point is much more accepted than HD-DVD which is fairly limited with its growth potential.

Fair Enough. I agree that both the HD and Blue-ray are about the same... but sony's history of formats is it's own let down.

If you want to talk about expensive, the 360 will cost you MORE than the ps3 for an equivilant system. Seriously, add up all those little features, addons and XBOX LIVE and you are paying more. M$ was smart at getting people to pay less only to spend more on their other things.

If you can't afford the perhipherals for the Xbox 360... don't buy them! you don't need them they're OPTIONAL!

PS3 online is free and its insanely fast. Much better than xbox live in my opinion when i used to play it.

=| actually the PS3 live system/market place maybe free, sure... but so it the equivalant for the 360 (xbox live silver)

it's the gaming that isn't free for the 360 they charge £30-40 a year... tbh i don't think that's bad for what you get. (About £2.5 - £3.3 a month)

however:

the PS3 gaming may not be free and you may have to pay a subscription charge per game. if you'd look into these things you'd see that sony have opened the developer to charge for playing the game online. this will most likely be monthy and about £30 a month (if you've ever played Sony's 'Everquest II' the monthly gaming cards are £30 a month. - GAMING SERVERS ARE NOT FREE OR CHEAP YOU KNOW! (you probably didn't know that either... thinking that games are easy to programme...)

The truth is, most of what you say isnt really truth at all, just a lot of hot air and bias. Dont get offended, but there was no firm logic in your post. The xbox is good for what the xbox does, the ps3 is good for what the ps3 does. And quite frankly the PS3 can do a lot.

=| your statments lack proof and you're just a air head, whom has no consideration for anybody but yourself. (Pfff... gaming programmers... LAZY?!?! JERK!)

You know nothing about games design or how hard it is. it takes years of traning to learn programming language and to solve complex issues and coding is extremely difficult!!!

I can see several comparisons to previous examples and use my own knowledge of games desgin in my comments... i wouldn't exactly call that 'isn't the truth'

I have also used several evaluative comments and FACT.

Great minds think alike eh

I was talking about the penis joke only. that's why i put:

'-----------'

suggesting a new topic
--------------------------------------------------

------ (or new topic) --------

You have serious mental anguish... you are most likely a single child and were always attached to mothers apron strings. (english metaphor for mother's boy)

[serious]Have you considered councling? if you really have no consideration for others hard work you really do need to see a therapist. There could be some real problems underlying within your unconscious mind[/serious] - don't take offence... i'm deeply concerned. I hate to see people who might need help to go untreated. (the 'Projection' defence mechanism may be at work =( - oh dear... OR maybe something went wrong during the Phalic stage of child development... that's even worse =|)

Good luck at forming complex relationships with loved ones in later life... you have got no chance. (i don't know how old you are... but you can't be marture if you can't apreceate others hard work...)

Thundercun7 said:
I want to eat your hair Mr Flood......its......so....shiny

i don't know if this is a complement or a insult =|

if it was a complement - thanks (but i think the shiny come from the light- it's usually a mess... expecially in the morning ^^)

if it's a insult - er... hair tastes funny... and mine tastes like aleovera and some other plant that smells nice. Oh an my conditioner smells like coconut ^^

the_flood502 said:
=| TOO LAZY?!?! you're just a total jerk.

You try making a game buddy, you'll see how hard it really is!

There are over 20 different types of programming language - which all these 'lazy' gaming programmers will have excelent knowledge of.

I want a report on all of them and all of their codes and syntax formulas off you... and i want you to explain how they all work

If you can't you're obviously lazy.

Lol kids these days. I have tried making a game, and have made one for a small indy project back in college. I also have a degree which covers game developement and have worked alongside developers in the field as well. So you can take your assumption and put it up your... assumption.

Yes there are many programming languages, but you would be an idiot if you actually think those programming languages are all used for video games. LOL kid, ever heard of "industry standards"? Apparently not.

Programming for video games use only a few languages and those languages evolve as new technology is produced. More efficant commands are produced, and in the case of the PS3 the Cell techonology requires current use of that code. The problem a few programmers face is that they didnt bother keeping up with the new forms of code for this generation. Its not hard to learn them as the functions are similar only the command has changed. This is done also to optimize hardware and software compatibility.

Im not lazy, im smart. I suggest you wise up too. You dont seem to know what you are talking about.

Fair Enough. I agree that both the HD and Blue-ray are about the same... but sony's history of formats is it's own let down.
Is it? is it really a let down? Betamax technology is still used to this day in the film industry. The betacam is the first camcorder. What you see is the direct result of sony's creations. Though they might not have been popular in the consumer market, the professional market loved sonys tech and used it to create even better products. Personally i consider the betamax a success as it helped greatly in the film industry to then make those movies that later appeared on VHS.

As for Blue ray, you have to stop thinking its a Sony product. Its a joint product by 180 different companies. Call it an apple products, or a disney product or a...ect get where I am going with this? people are hating blue ray because they are to stupid to realize that blue ray does not = sony. Many chose to ignore what it further capable of as well.

If you can't afford the perhipherals for the Xbox 360... don't buy them! you don't need them they're OPTIONAL!
Microsofts plan is to get you to buy those addons one way or another. Either way you will spend more. Using xbox live for a couple of years will already put you up to the level up the ps3. Which 599$ is not expensive.

You get a far better deal when you buy prepackaged things than seperately. Game developers will use features they know everyone has, if you go optional they wont use them therefore making those optional features less worthy of notice. Also in my opinion blue tooth is needed for online play and sony offers that. The 360 isnt any more of a deal than the ps3. You have to keep that in mind. Just because a game console exists doesnt mean everyone has to have it.

=| actually the PS3 live system/market place maybe free, sure... but so it the equivalant for the 360 (xbox live silver)
No they are no way near the same. The PS3 does not restrict what you can do online. THe 360 silver does. Remember microsoft is trying to bait you into going to gold. ITs a technique used quite often in businesses. Silver is so limited its not even considered for playing games online, which is the main purpose issit not?

"n order to play in multiplayer matches online, you must upgrade to the subscription service known as Xbox Live Gold. The Gold service has all the functionality of Silver plus the ability to play multiplayer games. Additionally, Xbox Live Gold has exclusive content, tournaments and Xbox Live events."

So you cant say they are the same.. at all. I would rather have a life time of free online play for a slightly more expensive system than a system thats very basic and makes you pay for it.
it's the gaming that isn't free for the 360 they charge £30-40 a year... tbh i don't think that's bad for what you get. (About £2.5 - £3.3 a month)
And gaming is the whole point of having online games and options. Basically what microsoft is doing is allowing you to download their advertisements and demos free in order for you to spend money on them later. Incentives.. incentives.

the PS3 gaming may not be free and you may have to pay a subscription charge per game. if you'd look into these things you'd see that sony have opened the developer to charge for playing the game online. this will most likely be monthy and about £30 a month (if you've ever played Sony's 'Everquest II' the monthly gaming cards are £30 a month. - GAMING SERVERS ARE NOT FREE OR CHEAP YOU KNOW! (you probably didn't know that either... thinking that games are easy to programme...)

All mmorpgs will cost a subscription fee. Thats expected for any console or pc. What you get then with the 360 is paying to connect online then an additional fee to play the game. Think about it.

With HOME, Sony is including a means in which outside companies can put their marketing campaigns online with advertisements, virtual worlds, promotions..ect thus allowing Sony to get some secondary income and therefor pay for those services you would normally be charged for. There will be the free MMOs on the PS3.

=| your statments lack proof and you're just a air head, whom has no consideration for anybody but yourself. (Pfff... gaming programmers... LAZY?!?! JERK!)

your sarcasm is duly noted. by the way, i peed in your apple juice this morning.

Its called logic btw, and yes I could show you proof if I wanted to do your work for you. Do your own research, because my proof is correct. They are facts and what you want are sources backing the facts. Feel free to find them, google will show you the way.

You know nothing about games design or how hard it is. it takes years of traning to learn programming language and to solve complex issues and coding is extremely difficult!!!
My college degree and experience says otherwise.

I can see several comparisons to previous examples and use my own knowledge of games desgin in my comments... i wouldn't exactly call that 'isn't the truth'
translation: " I dont know what I am talking about but I think I know what I am talking about based off what I think is correct and therefor understand that its quite common for internet kids to think they know more than they really do rather than enjoy taking the time out to learn about it."

translation: " I also can try to sound smart even though im not making any sense"

I was talking about the penis joke only. that's why i put:

'-----------'

right.. and that explains the huge sony hate rant that followed? Nice try kiddo.

And now the personal attacks start.. a sure sign of healthy immaturity.
------ (or new topic) --------

You have serious mental anguish... you are most likely a single child and were always attached to mothers apron strings. (english metaphor for mother's boy)

[serious]Have you considered councling? if you really have no consideration for others hard work you really do need to see a therapist. There could be some real problems underlying within your unconscious mind[/serious] - don't take offence... i'm deeply concerned. I hate to see people who might need help to go untreated. (the 'Projection' defence mechanism may be at work =( - oh dear... OR maybe something went wrong during the Phalic stage of child development... that's even worse =|)

Good luck at forming complex relationships with loved ones in later life... you have got no chance. (i don't know how old you are... but you can't be marture if you can't apreceate others hard work...)

LoL you couldnt be any farther from the truth. Keep guessing kiddo.

and
THUNDERCUN7(T)
lol thats a #@%!ing hilarious name. Reminds me of my ex.

Last edited:
Ha ha ha... OK Then

You obviously know more about it then ^^

My appologies...

Still would never buy a PS3... i'd rather spend money on other things, that are less expensive and worth while. I spent £200 on Xbox 360 game last week alone and i need a new DVD player as i sorta keep throwing this one on the floor :/

I hate working at that smelly (seriously it smells of pee... the agar media smells even worse =( ) labratory... but the pay is good ^^

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
Lol kids these days. I have tried making a game, and have made one for a small indy project back in college. I also have a degree which covers game developement and have worked alongside developers in the field as well. So you can take your assumption and put it up your... assumption.

Yes there are many programming languages, but you would be an idiot if you actually think those programming languages are all used for video games. LOL kid, ever heard of "industry standards"? Apparently not.

Programming for video games use only a few languages and those languages evolve as new technology is produced. More efficant commands are produced, and in the case of the PS3 the Cell techonology requires current use of that code. The problem a few programmers face is that they didnt bother keeping up with the new forms of code for this generation. Its not hard to learn them as the functions are similar only the command has changed. This is done also to optimize hardware and software compatibility.

Im not lazy, im smart. I suggest you wise up too. You dont seem to know what you are talking about.

Is it? is it really a let down? Betamax technology is still used to this day in the film industry. The betacam is the first camcorder. What you see is the direct result of sony's creations. Though they might not have been popular in the consumer market, the professional market loved sonys tech and used it to create even better products. Personally i consider the betamax a success as it helped greatly in the film industry to then make those movies that later appeared on VHS.

As for Blue ray, you have to stop thinking its a Sony product. Its a joint product by 180 different companies. Call it an apple products, or a disney product or a...ect get where I am going with this? people are hating blue ray because they are to stupid to realize that blue ray does not = sony. Many chose to ignore what it further capable of as well.

Microsofts plan is to get you to buy those addons one way or another. Either way you will spend more. Using xbox live for a couple of years will already put you up to the level up the ps3. Which 599$ is not expensive.

You get a far better deal when you buy prepackaged things than seperately. Game developers will use features they know everyone has, if you go optional they wont use them therefore making those optional features less worthy of notice. Also in my opinion blue tooth is needed for online play and sony offers that. The 360 isnt any more of a deal than the ps3. You have to keep that in mind. Just because a game console exists doesnt mean everyone has to have it.

No they are no way near the same. The PS3 does not restrict what you can do online. THe 360 silver does. Remember microsoft is trying to bait you into going to gold. ITs a technique used quite often in businesses. Silver is so limited its not even considered for playing games online, which is the main purpose issit not?

"n order to play in multiplayer matches online, you must upgrade to the subscription service known as Xbox Live Gold. The Gold service has all the functionality of Silver plus the ability to play multiplayer games. Additionally, Xbox Live Gold has exclusive content, tournaments and Xbox Live events."

So you cant say they are the same.. at all. I would rather have a life time of free online play for a slightly more expensive system than a system thats very basic and makes you pay for it.

And gaming is the whole point of having online games and options. Basically what microsoft is doing is allowing you to download their advertisements and demos free in order for you to spend money on them later. Incentives.. incentives.

All mmorpgs will cost a subscription fee. Thats expected for any console or pc. What you get then with the 360 is paying to connect online then an additional fee to play the game. Think about it.

With HOME, Sony is including a means in which outside companies can put their marketing campaigns online with advertisements, virtual worlds, promotions..ect thus allowing Sony to get some secondary income and therefor pay for those services you would normally be charged for. There will be the free MMOs on the PS3.

your sarcasm is duly noted. by the way, i peed in your apple juice this morning.

Its called logic btw, and yes I could show you proof if I wanted to do your work for you. Do your own research, because my proof is correct. They are facts and what you want are sources backing the facts. Feel free to find them, google will show you the way.

My college degree and experience says otherwise.

translation: " I dont know what I am talking about but I think I know what I am talking about based off what I think is correct and therefor understand that its quite common for internet kids to think they know more than they really do rather than enjoy taking the time out to learn about it."

translation: " I also can try to sound smart even though im not making any sense"

right.. and that explains the huge sony hate rant that followed? Nice try kiddo.

And now the personal attacks start.. a sure sign of healthy immaturity.

LoL you couldnt be any farther from the truth. Keep guessing kiddo.

and
THUNDERCUN7(T)
lol thats a #@%!ing hilarious name. Reminds me of my ex.
1 thing to say
when you pay for gold
you pay for a promise for the game servers to stay open and for constant support via updates

Back