I heard that there's a method of getting N64 games for free on the Wii

All the games play EXACTLY like they did on the system they were released on. Zelda will always lag at certain spots just like before. Also you cannot call up Nintendo and give them any kind of serial number. They are not giving games away. If you wish to play a cartridge game on a Wii you MUST pay for the game that it is optimized for the Wii. It takes alot of time to create the emulator for each game to run on the Wii. Thats why they cost so much.

Each game has its own emulator. Its not like the PC where you can have a single emulator to play all games. For the PC emulator you can change settings for each game to make them run better. Thats why each game has to have its own specially optimized emulator ro run that game the way its supposed to run.

Its the same thing. They didnt remake the game. All the codes are identical to the NES game. Every game ported is the exact same glitches, slow downs and all.

I own the NES version, and there were no lags... It's like when you run a game on an emulator, some don't work, and some are glitchy.

That's why when you play a N64 game on the GCN there are some sound differences.

unluckylink13 said:
I own the NES version, and there were no lags... It's like when you run a game on an emulator, some don't work, and some are glitchy.

That's why when you play a N64 game on the GCN there are some sound differences.

Dude dont argue. And yes the NES version does lag. There are areas that lag at the same spot everytime. You can still argue but I explained why they are EXACT ports. Ill make it a little easier for you. The NES game is ripped from cartridge to file format. Copying the EXACT code from the cartridge. The GC Zelda lagged at the exact same spot as my NES zelda did. Still dont believe me? Do the whole North, West, South , West bit in the forest. Now go up and it will suffer slow down for a sec. Now do it on the VC game. Look! Same slow down.

You can also download any NES emulator and run the Zelda rom. Same slowdown in same spots on all different emulators.

I'm sorry to make you mad, and I didn't mean to argue v_v

I just don't remember lags, but maybe I'm wrong, since you are convinced. I don't care about the lags much anyway, as long as I get to play it.

^_^

Nah you didnt make me mad bro. I was just trying to help you understand the process of converting over old games.

Since the Wii has USB Ports...free games and emulation is bound to happen. There working on a way to inject games directly into the VC memory from an external source....USB device.

Its better for the Wii and Nintendo that people just cough up the money. If you dont want to pay it and own the game, hook up the old console. If we start cheating Nintendo, then we are doing harm to them, for they have made the great Wii for us.

Hahaha... You speak the truth. Everyone wants Nintendo to do all these retro games for the Wii, but now we want them to do it for free? Wow. I haven't gotten my Wii online as of yet (still waiting for the technician call-back from Nintendo) so I plugged in the old N64 and played some Diddy Kong Racing.

BTW: Are they / Have they / Are they planning to release DKR on VC?

Nice to see what kind of rumors can pop up from people not reading the posts properly, I was the one that commented on another post about an extension for getting the N64 carts plugged into the Wii. and what I said was that there is no way nintendo would make such a device when they could just have people register their old N64 serial numbers via a VC channel to prove that they own these N64 games and be able to download them for free, WITCH THEY WILL NOT DO, obiously cause they would be losing money on it.

you know nintendo will stop that they will find out they are loseing sells to downloads for free on the wii lol they are smart when it is free with out pay lol i pulled a fast one on there eyes once i kick my self every day on a rumble pack cover before when i got it at gamecrazy cheep lol yes i own the 64 games some i just keep the games for show and to play i look back and say wow i wasted my time on chessey grafic's :lol:

Well for all you doubters out there, there is already people putting roms on their Wii via sd card. I have also seen vids of people playing backups of their games. The wii is just like any other system. Only thing is Nintendo for what ever reason left it wide open. Personally I think the retro games are way over priced and I refuse to buy any of them. I have paid for them many times over and there is no way I am gonna pay for a untouched version of the same games again. At least many of the games on XBOX market place are updated and play better.

Back