I heard the French bought 50 PS3s on launch day.

Overall europe didnt do well. Some places tho did get some good line-ups, but overall it wasnt as everyone predicted.

Skeet Rag said:
What bugs? The only thing that I don't like about the PS3 is that you can't play your own music during a game, and have to listen to the garbage they put on the games...thats not really a bug though
To be fair, the backwards compatability list is a bit of a bug, considering iconic titles such as Final Fantasy X, X-2, Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil 4, Silent Hill 2 and 4 (3 isn't even listed), Devil May Cry 2, Time Splitters 2, Time Crisis 2, certain versions of Metal Gear Solid 3 and plenty more are left either unplayble or buggy.

But it's okay, because Dora the Explorer is fine!

Source: http://faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/bcGames.htm

TwilightWarrior said:
It's the French, probably ran away from the sight of it

I was wondering when the French joke would appear :). I'd make some remark, but then I'd get tagged as one of those "Stoopid Americans with their stoopid super biggie potato fries and big trucks" :p.

Squall7 said:
To be fair, the backwards compatability list is a bit of a bug, considering iconic titles such as Final Fantasy X, X-2, Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil 4, Silent Hill 2 and 4 (3 isn't even listed), Devil May Cry 2, Time Splitters 2, Time Crisis 2, certain versions of Metal Gear Solid 3 and plenty more are left either unplayble or buggy.

But it's okay, because Dora the Explorer is fine!

Source: http://faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/bcGames.htm

Well, to be fair, the PS3 is a next gen system. It wasn't really made for the older games. It was made for new mor hi-tech games to be played in High Definition. Yes, I do agree with you on the fact that some games are buggy, but if you have those old games, then surely you have a PS2? Btw I didn't own any of those games, so it doesn't matter to me much. Socom 2 runs perfect if not a bit better than what it did on PS2 so I'm straight.

Skeet Rag said:
Well, to be fair, the PS3 is a next gen system. It wasn't really made for the older games. It was made for new mor hi-tech games to be played in High Definition. Yes, I do agree with you on the fact that some games are buggy, but if you have those old games, then surely you have a PS2? Btw I didn't own any of those games, so it doesn't matter to me much. Socom 2 runs perfect if not a bit better than what it did on PS2 so I'm straight.

Sony's PS3 backwards compatibility is a bit different this time around as its relying purely on emulation software, much like the emulators used by PCs to run and emulate game systems. Like most of the software based emulation, its requires a lot of fine tuning for it to work with a lot of games. It will be perfected with firmware updates and/or the mod community. Who ever does it first.

Expect the PS3 to also be combatible with older nintendo games as well.. the mod community wont let that opportunity slip by.

Shiftfallout said:
Sony's PS3 backwards compatibility is a bit different this time around as its relying purely on emulation software, much like the emulators used by PCs to run and emulate game systems. Like most of the software based emulation, its requires a lot of fine tuning for it to work with a lot of games. It will be perfected with firmware updates and/or the mod community. Who ever does it first.

Expect the PS3 to also be combatible with older nintendo games as well.. the mod community wont let that opportunity slip by.

That'll make my day when Ps3 owners have Nintendo games on their system. :smilewinkgrin:

Shiftfallout said:
I've always wondered about the legalities of Nintendo games on Live and the like...

Squall7 said:
I've always wondered about the legalities of Nintendo games on Live and the like...

Nintendo could do some things to combat this, but it be hard to monitor people with their dum mods. (Anti-Moder ftw)

PtonJalken said:
That'll make my day when Ps3 owners have Nintendo games on their system. :smilewinkgrin:

they already have the NES working on the PS3. In fact, all they need to do is optimize the PSP's mod/emus to work for the PS3. With the PS3s capabilities, it can handle systems beyond the PSP's N64/PS1 limit.

ps3
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=904PdCvrDCM[/MEDIA]

psp
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLsDYwJC4vs[/MEDIA]

The mod community has surpassed all expectations for me with the PSP. Thankfully the PS3 is just as open to modders. =)

You have a thing against modders eh? They keep systems alive and you might not know this but a lot of the ideas you see implimented in current gen consoles were thought up by modders and used by companies like nintendo, sony, and microsoft. Not only do games evolve, the but the systems do as well.

MasterJedi2U said:
Thats cuz ur either stubborn or stupid. The system is not worth the price in a lot of peoples eyes. It might be a technologically superior product but overall its inferior to the Wii and the 360.

technologically the ps3 is better than the wii and 360

overall the product is not in anyway inferior compared to the wii or 360, its just that the majority of the general public are poor so a small portion of those people start saying its crap to make themselves feel better about not having one, cause they cant afford one ie people like u. either that or your 12. cause the wii would be pretty sick if i were still really young, but motion sensing gets boring and as u can see majority of the games are made for younger aged gamers or just a family/friends thing, only a few titles are made for more mature gamers.
Dont get me wrong i love playing my wii when friends or family are over but its not something u can just sit there and play for hours. just my own opinion

ur either stubborn or stupid.

Last edited:
Jonny said:
.... but motion sensing gets boring and as u can see majority of the games are made for younger aged gamers or just a family/friends thing, only a few titles are made for more mature gamers.

I don´t thing it is getting bored. There aren´t just enough games to prove it is great the motion sensor. It will be a question of short time to see the real power of the motion sensor of the Wii. And it is just a change in the use of a Joypad.
Just like with the mouse, why do you think MS invented the game MINESWEEPER? For fun? No, so that you would get used using the second Mousebutton, nothing else.
Jonny said:
..... but its not something u can just sit there and play for hours....

I can do that playing kororinpa, COD3, NFS,.... for hours and hours.... Not telling you making Mii and surfing the net.

I think that althought they call themself VIDEO CONSOLES, there are just too different to compare. Each one is poiting a different public. Like appels and bananas. Both are fruits, just for different public.

And we will continue with this hate/love affair for decades....

Here in Spain most magazines tel that the PS3 is the best off them. But what they never calculate in ther overall view is the price. It isn´t the same comparing a 250€ machine with a 735€ one (yes 735€, as you need to add agames, extra cables,etc to enjoy it the full).....Everybody assumes we can pay the machine, and if we have the money that it is normal to buy that one. Well they are wrong. I can easily buy a couple of those a month with my salary,:ihih: but I won´´t, because I don´t feel the need having it.

I also believe the PS3 is far better in GFX, sound,..... But I rather spend 250€ every 5 years in a machine that can give me fun, EDUCATION,.... every now and then.... and not 700€:yikes: .....

Shiftfallout said:
they already have the NES working on the PS3. In fact, all they need to do is optimize the PSP's mod/emus to work for the PS3. With the PS3s capabilities, it can handle systems beyond the PSP's N64/PS1 limit.

ps3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=904PdCvrDCM

psp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLsDYwJC4vs

The mod community has surpassed all expectations for me with the PSP. Thankfully the PS3 is just as open to modders. =)

You have a thing against modders eh? They keep systems alive and you might not know this but a lot of the ideas you see implimented in current gen consoles were thought up by modders and used by companies like nintendo, sony, and microsoft. Not only do games evolve, the but the systems do as well.

i do consider myself a anti-modder at times yes, but i do know how it can help a system. The Ps3 does have a good and easy way to be modded, the Xbox360/Wii are also getting mods but more work has to go into it to work as well.

Back