i hope there will be someday a HD Wii

ejmonkey3

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2006
as a owner of a wii since the first day of launch i regret that i have sold mine. i still like the wii, but once you have hdtv and have a ps3, the graphics dont even compare in the wii. even though some games are tight, and the virtual console is the ****. they " nintendo" needs to seriously bump it up. very slow for the virtual games, need more, so much more. hopefully they will also have a hd version to support the quality of 1080p. im not trying to diss the wii but im simply laying my opinion. good luck to other fellow wii gamers, i hope it works out better than it did for me.

ehh, i really could care less about graphics, unless its like, ps1 graphics. Gameplay is all that matters to me, because if they game isn't good, then...why buy it???

Well, playing golf and actually swinging the club is a mainstay for my gaming; as well as the rest of the motion controls, this is what the Wii is all about. Not disappointing, just different gameplay...gotta have my motion control fix! We all have out tastes though, and if I had a 40" 1080p television a PS3 would already be on my shelf too! Gamers will game, and who wouldn't want the best? But the Wii will probably be like that first girlfriend that you can never get out of your head for most of the people that get rid of it. But yea, HD for the Wii will probably never happen.

Even when the wii is not using its full potential, the graphics are quite good for a game in this day in age.
In mario strikers (if youve got it) take time to look at the crowds, superb detail.
Im just sorry for all the sony fans to find out what the wiis graphics looks like at full power

yeah the graphics are good for this age, and yes its all about preference. yeah i know there wont ever be a hd wii but it would be sweet to think about. graphics arent what always sell but they do make the game more enjoyable. to be quite honest and not lying, the graphics on a 40" sony 1080P even with hd componet cables are kinda blurry. there acceptable, but blurry, not full smoothness, kinda edgy. i know this sounds bad but this is honest to god truth, im not ripping on the wii for ps3, im stating a fact. ever since the ps3 can upconvert ps1 games, its really been cool. i put in die hard triology just to try it. im serious no joke, with the upconvert technology with hdmi, its not blurry, its very smooth for that generation and it looks and responds better then the wii with zelda. however this may be because the zelda game was designed on the gamecube, so it may of lacked the graphics that the wii can output today. i havent played a game since launch so i cant say to much on that part.

Frankly, the Wii's graphics are lacking, coming from a PC gamer. I don't know if you guys know what AA is, but this is what it does:

0,1425,sz=1&i=161082,00.jpg

From what I've played on Wii Sports, especially Wii Bowling, it is non-existent. None at all, jaggies everywhere! AH! :yikes: Textures are good, but, honestly, they look cartoony (I know they are supposed to be). Just my opinion.

Graphically, it just doesn't compare to a PC. But in terms of fun, it is pretty close, guys,and I've never touched a console before.

~Ibrahim~

ikjadoon said:
Frankly, the Wii's graphics are lacking, coming from a PC gamer. I don't know if you guys know what AA is, but this is what it does:

0,1425,sz=1&i=161082,00.jpg

From what I've played on Wii Sports, especially Wii Bowling, it is non-existent. None at all, jaggies everywhere! AH! :yikes: Textures are good, but, honestly, they look cartoony (I know they are supposed to be). Just my opinion.

Graphically, it just doesn't compare to a PC. But in terms of fun, it is pretty close, guys,and I've never touched a console before.

~Ibrahim~

No **** it doesn't compare to PC graphics. Most PC's have more Bus cache than any gaming console.

And who says "AA" in acronym for Anti-Aliasing without actually mentioning it. You make me hate myself for being a pc gamer.

xIcaruSx said:
No **** it doesn't compare to PC graphics. Most PC's have more Bus cache than any gaming console.

And who says "AA" in acronym for Anti-Aliasing without actually mentioning it. You make me hate myself for being a pc gamer.

whoa dude chill out. he was just trying to say his input in the graphics. for you informataion alot of people say AA.

Graphics are the Wii's major weakness. Graphics really matter to me. It really bothers me when I game in non-HD especially when u consider that all PC gaming is technically HD. Wii graphics seem like a major step backwards.

ikjadoon said:

i know what you mean about wii bowling, its so bad it makes we wanna go back to composite blurriness to not see such jaggies down the lane/at the pins..

David328ci said:
Graphics are the Wii's major weakness. Graphics really matter to me. It really bothers me when I game in non-HD especially when u consider that all PC gaming is technically HD. Wii graphics seem like a major step backwards.

totally what i think

I completely agree. If you add that to the fact there are hardly any really good games, and 1 online (UK), Nintendo need to do a lot more if that want to be top of the pile. Like with everything, in the beginning there is the novelty value, but once that wears off you need some substance. I never expected the Wii graphics to be as good as the PS3, but to be fair the origianl screenshots I saw of Red Steel were not even close to reality. It wouldn't have been hard to implement some kind of Antialiasing, even the original XBOX had that and it makes a big difference.

People who winge about the Wii should simply get rid of it. Just shut up about the bloody graphics! It's still alot better than the PS3 for games and design so stop posts like this. If your not happy, then return it. Simple as.

Back