I just became confused with wifi,

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
How does this work? I have a netgear and that goes slow with the wii to play online. So i plan on getting the cable so it goes faster that nintendo has. When we get the wii, we hook the wii up to the internet to use the wii channels right? What is exacty WIFi? WHen they let us play online with games, then we still hook it up the the computer as long as you have internet. I am confused, i dont know how i got confused but i did. Please explain this to me. I am stuck with Wifi, wii channels and online play. I cant put it together

Wi-Fi, exactly is, Short for ‘wireless fidelity’. A term for certain types of wireless local area networks (WLAN) that use specifications conforming to IEEE 802.11b. WiFi has gained acceptance in many environments as an alternative to a wired LAN. Many airports, hotels, and other services offer public access to WiFi networks so people can log onto the Internet and receive emails on the move. These locations are known as hotspots.

so how does that work with the wii? DO u have to hook the wii up to the internet to look at wii channels? So, if i have netgear, do i need anything else to use the internet on the wii?

if your router has an antenna sticking out of the back of it, you are good to go. if not you will eather need to buy nintendo's USB thing so you can plug in a cable or buy a wireless router

Does the router have an antenna on it? If it's just a standard hard-lined Netgear router, then that is not wireless. My Linksys has two antennas that stand straight up for emitting the wireless signal.

Mitch2025 said:
if your router has an antenna sticking out of the back of it, you are good to go. if not you will eather need to buy nintendo's USB thing so you can plug in a cable or buy a wireless router

Is nintendo selling it yet? It is wireless, i dont see any antenna sticking out of the back.... So when i get the wii, do i just hook it up to the USb or do i have to find the signal and connect it with the netgear. Then how does Nintendo's USb thing work? Sorry for the questions.

Yo Mitch2025. I added you as a wii friend. I can't pm you cause I'm a new member. Anyway, add me if ya want my code is 3148 9314 2169 5815. Anyone else wanna add me thats cool, just send me a message.

Some routers do not have antennaes, like the one at my dads house. I was convinced I would have to use the neighbors connection for my laptop to be wireless but to my suprise he had a wireless conection from his router.

Back