I just Bought a.......

En4Neo said:
You = Still Wrong

It's a music mixer and most people who have played it will tell you it's not a game. There are no goals, just your creativity.

It's still a game, even if it is music simulation. I guess Resident Evil isn't a game since it's a horror shooter, or Madden isn't a game because it's football. There may not be any sort of goals, but even with that, it's still a game. You implied in your previous post that it had not existed, in which I have proved you wrong. So before you post something, make sure you know what you're saying.

Kamikaze said:
It's still a game, even if it is music simulation. I guess Resident Evil isn't a game since it's a horror shooter, or Madden isn't a game because it's football. There may not be any sort of goals, but even with that, it's still a game. You implied in your previous post that it had not existed, in which I have proved you wrong. So before you post something, make sure you know what you're saying.

No you assumed I thought it didn't exist. I just think you need to do some reasearch on what a game is because I don't exactly have the time to explain it. Saying Electroplankton is a game is like saying an electronic keyboard is a game.

En4Neo said:
No you assumed I thought it didn't exist. I just think you need to do some reasearch on what a game is because I don't exactly have the time to explain it. Saying Electroplankton is a game is like saying an electronic keyboard is a game.

I did not need to make an assumption, by the way you said it's not a game, you made the implication of your post that the game itself does not exist. Whether you wish to agree or not, it is a game. Even Big Brain Academy, Brain Age, Gamma Boost, Wario Ware: Touched!, Dance Dance Revolution, Texas Hold Em' and many others are all games. Guitar Hero is a game, but I guess you would like to disagree because it's an instrument, correct?

HAHA! All those are games, they may not have a person who goes through and kills people, or an adventurer who is looking for something, but they are still games, you may not like the game, but you have to agree that they are games.

Kamikaze said:
I did not need to make an assumption, by the way you said it's not a game, you made the implication of your post that the game itself does not exist. Whether you wish to agree or not, it is a game. Even Big Brain Academy, Brain Age, Gamma Boost, Wario Ware: Touched!, Dance Dance Revolution, Texas Hold Em' and many others are all games. Guitar Hero is a game, but I guess you would like to disagree because it's an instrument, correct?

I think you're being too particular with what I said, it doesn't really matter anyway when I just told you what I meant. Yes, I agree all of the games you mentioned up there are all games, just not with Electroplankton. Hell I even believe Space Channel 5, Parappa The Rapper, Umm Jammer Lammy, Gitaroo Man, and Samba De Amigo are games. Using rhythm games to disprove my point isn't getting you anywhere.

I'm not talking about what it's classified as because it could be classified as a video game, but instead I'm talking in terms of what it actually is, a music mixer. Most people don't consider a special electronic piano as a game, so I doubt the thread maker would either. I wouldn't have gone after your post if you stated what it was. Shouldn't that be obvious?

Tails McCloud~ said:
HAHA! All those are games, they may not have a person who goes through and kills people, or an adventurer who is looking for something, but they are still games, you may not like the game, but you have to agree that they are games.

Not trying to be mean, but you have no idea what you are talking about right now. You're assuming you think you know what's going on SO READ what I'm about to say. I am aware all of those are games. Also I love Electroplankton, it's just I know it's not actually a game. This has nothing to do with my tastes.

En4Neo said:
I think you're being too particular with what I said, it doesn't really matter anyway when I just told you what I meant. Yes, I agree all of the games you mentioned up there are all games, just not with Electroplankton. Hell I even believe Space Channel 5, Parappa The Rapper, Umm Jammer Lammy, Gitaroo Man, and Samba De Amigo are games. Using rhythm games to disprove my point isn't getting you anywhere.

I'm not talking about what it's classified as because it could be classified as a video game, but instead I'm talking in terms of what it actually is, a music mixer. Most people don't consider a special electronic piano as a game, so I doubt the thread maker would either. I wouldn't have gone after your post if you stated what it was. Shouldn't that be obvious?

I'm not being too particular with anything, it's proving a point. And it belongs in the genre with rhythm games, because even Elite Beat Agents is another rhythm game similar to Electroplankton (minus the music making). So if a game isn't a game because it's a game, doesn't make it a game, is what you're saying. Even RPG maker is a game, although you have to go through tons of customization to even get into the game itself. The ps2 has a couple music mixers, but the thing is, it's still a game. It's a simulation game, the way that Sim Theme Park, Sim City, Harvest Moon, Guitar Hero, Animal Crossing and many others are simulation games. If games based on simulation were not games, then racing wouldn't count as a game, nor would boxing. Wario Ware: Smooth Mooves has an orchestra mini game, in which you must wave the Wiimote as if it's the conducter's baton, but I guess that isn't a game either, or a game you wish to classify as one. In general, if it wasn't a game, it wouldn't be made.

Kamikaze said:
I'm not being too particular with anything, it's proving a point. And it belongs in the genre with rhythm games, because even Elite Beat Agents is another rhythm game similar to Electroplankton (minus the music making). So if a game isn't a game because it's a game, doesn't make it a game, is what you're saying. Even RPG maker is a game, although you have to go through tons of customization to even get into the game itself. The ps2 has a couple music mixers, but the thing is, it's still a game. It's a simulation game, the way that Sim Theme Park, Sim City, Harvest Moon, Guitar Hero, Animal Crossing and many others are simulation games. If games based on simulation were not games, then racing wouldn't count as a game, nor would boxing. Wario Ware: Smooth Mooves has an orchestra mini game, in which you must wave the Wiimote as if it's the conducter's baton, but I guess that isn't a game either, or a game you wish to classify as one. In general, if it wasn't a game, it wouldn't be made.

This could go on and on and probably not get anywhere, so let's just agree to disagree.

I say it's not a game.

You say it is a game.

En4Neo said:
Not trying to be mean, but you have no idea what you are talking about right now. You're assuming you think you know what's going on SO READ what I'm about to say. I am aware all of those are games. Also I love Electroplankton, it's just I know it's not actually a game. This has nothing to do with my tastes.
Well, like I said, it is a game, you said you love it, but im not sure if you said its not a game, no, it may not have a main char. or anything, but since you play it on the DS, it is a game. I know what your gonna say, PSP DVDs, those are different...
And just the same, I dont want to get into another verbal battle that can be avioded, I already have enough enemies on this forum:devil:

Tails McCloud~ said:
Well, like I said, it is a game, you said you love it, but im not sure if you said its not a game, no, it may not have a main char. or anything, but since you play it on the DS, it is a game. I know what your gonna say, PSP DVDs, those are different...
And just the same, I dont want to get into another verbal battle that can be avioded, I already have enough enemies on this forum:devil:

Again I don't think you really understand what I told you and are just assuming what I meant again.

Unless you've had experience with Electroplankton, I don't really think you can have a say in this arguement which is just about over. I don't even think you did research, you just have a feeling you know what you're talking about. Yes it can be classified as a game which I'm aware of, but is it a game? No.

"sigh", again, I KNOW!!! And the same to you, you dont quite understand what im getting at, you know what...nevermind, my opinion is that Kamakaze is right, and dont even try to tell me that i have no place in this thread, I bought the computer, and I wasnt restricted from this thread, so like I said, lets do the same and agree to disagree, like you said.

En4Neo said:
Again I don't think you really understand what I told you and are just assuming what I meant again.

Unless you've had experience with Electroplankton, I don't really think you can have a say in this arguement which is just about over. I don't even think you did research, you just have a feeling you know what you're talking about. Yes it can be classified as a game which I'm aware of, but is it a game? No.

It's classified as a game, as much as Super Mario Bros. is classified as a game. A game can be anything from competition of who can fold the laundry faster to even composing music with aura type characters that have no compelling storyline. I understand the point you're trying to show, but it's not a very valid one.

I just bought the pink one today. I have been waiting and waiting for someone to get them in and finally, by chance alone, I walked in today looking for one and they said they had two. I got that one plus yoshis island 2 and new super mario bros.

Back