I just sent this email to Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyro

Wii60
Jul 11, 2007
Tell me what you guys think (not necessarily of the email, but what it is about rather):

This is a suggestion email:

Nintendo has always had a tradition of taking concepts from the past and using them in modern games that have been second to none; shown by the Mario series and Super Smash Bros. I think that it would be great if Nintendo did this with another game...Goldeneye 007. I realize there are a lot of rights and red tape to get through to even put the game on Virtual Console, but I would love to see it available for purchase someday soon.

However, why just settle for the 4-player game? I think that it would be incredibly popular if Nintendo and Rare/Activision would not only put Goldeneye on Virtual Console but ALSO add a system-link mode so that multiple Wii's can play over a network or LAN (or wireless). The original N64 game sold over 8 Million copies, making it the 3rd most popular game (by sales) for the system--why not give it another chance to show it's value? Nintendo could take this N64 classic and make it a modern marvel if it wanted to. Goldeneye 007 is THE first-person shooter and will always be held in the highest regard by gamers everywhere.

Thanks for your time.

No response requested.

Discuss.

Although there are a lot of rights issues with goldeneye i realy think that it will apear on virtual console as for multiplayer over network i think it has already been stated that system link is not capable with the wii but i think it would be with a simple firmware update there were a few titles for gamecube that used such a feature kirby air racers or what ever that was used it so im sure eventualy a wii title will have some sort of system link feature as for vc titles i dont think nintendo will use there resources to make it unless you are charges extra but we shall se i would love to know what nintendo replys to you with :p

Of course Nintendo doesn't have the final say, but they can suggest it to those companies.

I'm afraid their response will probably be:
"Thanks for your interest in Nintendo! Our support assistants will be sure to attend to your request!
Thanks,
Nintendo".

why are all of you harping for 007 for 64?

ive seen so many threads asking "omgz do youz knowz whenz the new 007 game comez outTtt?!?!" and i get incredibly pissed because youre like the 234873924 person to join the site just to ask that.......obviously nintendo is planning on having the wii for a long time. youd think that with updates once a week with 3 games at a time, that EVENTUALLY theyll get that game up and running?

trust me theres plenty of games im waiting for to come out on VC if i dont want to do them on emulators. but ya know what i do? i sit and i wait because im not nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back