I might go to ebay... to get the wii...maybe

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
I have been thinking about this over and over and over and over again. When i called eb/gs stores the day of store preorders they all were sold out and had lines, only took a few preorders. Now those people who didnt get the preorder are going to be making sure they line up early and camp out to get there wii, probably camp out which i cannot do. So on launch, i have a feeling between walmart, costco and target i wont be able to get 1. Also bestbuy already said ppl r camping out 2 days b4 release. Ok so, the next shipment is either next year or right b4 x-mas. If its b4 x-mas its going to be packed, parents running out to get the system just like launch. ONce again my chances r limited. So i figure on ebay, if i get the system for 330-450 ( and the seller is power seller, with number 1-4 preorder with guarentted to get it on the 19th, then i might do it. This way, i will have it b4 thanksgiving and for school break. yeah its a extra 150-200 bucks, but sometimes you got to use your money for things you want. My parents r paying for the wii so i would pay for the games/extra w/e......... Part of me feels this is smart, ebay made sure every 1 had a real preorder, and i get it right after launch..... What do u guys think? I have done ebay b4. If a person has bad feedback or something I wouldnt do it.. but please reply..

Ps: and reading all of these reviews of ppl who have played the wii, is getting me pumped, if i have to i could wait until next year but i prefer not too. The wii has gotten me pumped and all the special feautures i am excited

Last edited:
the best i can do is get to walmart at 4am.. but the way preorders were only having like 3-8 each store i have a feeling lines would be big. my friend told me he heard from some 1 when a differnt systen came out, the line went all outside the shopping center..

But also ebgames is right next door, so people r going to be waiting on both lines..... thats why ebay if i can, i might go with..

Wiitime said:
I have been thinking about this over and over and over and over again. When i called eb/gs stores the day of store preorders they all were sold out and had lines, only took a few preorders. Now those people who didnt get the preorder are going to be making sure they line up early and camp out to get there wii, probably camp out which i cannot do. So on launch, i have a feeling between walmart, costco and target i wont be able to get 1. Also bestbuy already said ppl r camping out 2 days b4 release. Ok so, the next shipment is either next year or right b4 x-mas. If its b4 x-mas its going to be packed, parents running out to get the system just like launch. ONce again my chances r limited. So i figure on ebay, if i get the system for 330-450 ( and the seller is power seller, with number 1-4 preorder with guarentted to get it on the 19th, then i might do it. This way, i will have it b4 thanksgiving and for school break. yeah its a extra 150-200 bucks, but sometimes you got to use your money for things you want. My parents r paying for the wii so i would pay for the games/extra w/e......... Part of me feels this is smart, ebay made sure every 1 had a real preorder, and i get it right after launch..... What do u guys think? I have done ebay b4. If a person has bad feedback or something I wouldnt do it.. but please reply..

Ps: and reading all of these reviews of ppl who have played the wii, is getting me pumped, if i have to i could wait until next year but i prefer not too. The wii has gotten me pumped and all the special feautures i am excited

i can kinda agree with you... i mean, where i live, its the same a lot of ppl couldnt pre order.... If u trust ebay and its a good seller, give it a shot... If they do get it on the 19th, then u should get it in a few days which works out well

I dont care, there are so many kids becoming so concerned, they are actually claiming to be "scared"... I mean come on, it wont kill ya to play your PS2, 360, DS, whatever till you're able to get one, and chances are, someone you know, who has confidence, will get one so you can bum at his house 24/7 till you finally get your own with your parents money... and feel lik eyou accoplished something...

confidence kids, confidence

see this is why we need those GI Joe shows with the PSA around these times, the new gen of games is awesome, but the new gen of gamers suck

If you're gonna get it on E-Bay before Christmas, I'd guess it's gonna cost you in the 600-700 area. I sold an Xbox 360 on Ebay a week after the launch for 1,000 and that's just the Premium Package, no games or anything.

If you're parents say you can't camp out, and they are paying for it, say this; Would you rather spend $400 dollars extra or wait outside a store for 12 hours?

If your parents are paying for it, buy the Wii on eBay to ensure you get one. But for games, I recommend buying them at stores.

I probably wont decide for a while... I can wait, but i prefer not too lol... Like i said the best i can do is 4am at walmart and try costco too. but if both r packed, then next year might be my next shot which is a long time. Espcially with mid-terms.SAT's.. i wont be able to really enjoy the wii, thats why i am determined to get it by x-mas so i can enjoy it. I also have work so i wouldnt be able to camp out. If i got it on ebay, i would try to get it in the 350-450 range, ( which i doubt i will get it on ebay, prob just wait)......

yea, i would 100% get the games at the store.. ppl r nuts, they get 800 b/c the wii comes with zelda and a controller.............. I am not a Scared one who is going to "die" if i cant get 1 on launch. lol....

ocdan said:
I got a plan:
get a ps3
put in on ebay
buy 10 wii's off ebay with money to spare

seriously, not a rip on sony or anything

Hahhahahahaha, lol

Wiitime said:
I probably wont decide for a while... I can wait, but i prefer not too lol... Like i said the best i can do is 4am at walmart and try costco too. but if both r packed, then next year might be my next shot which is a long time. Espcially with mid-terms.SAT's.. i wont be able to really enjoy the wii, thats why i am determined to get it by x-mas so i can enjoy it. I also have work so i wouldnt be able to camp out. If i got it on ebay, i would try to get it in the 350-450 range, ( which i doubt i will get it on ebay, prob just wait)......

You DO realise that you won't have to wait next year for the system? There are going to be plenty of shipments.

I have heard that from websites/forums which i do believe. But what i have heard from the stores r differnt. they said next year.. maybe b4 x-mas ( but it would be crazy then too)..... I would love nintendo to say when the next few shipments will be so ppl would know... If it comes out b4 x-mas.. i might be away, if i am, there goes my shot if i am home, then my gut feeling is it will be a lot of ppl running and pushing. lol

Back