I need a wired router?

Cirrus

Twilight Godess
Nov 16, 2006
Twilight Realm
Wii Online Code
2469-4109-2201-6284
I'm gona get a USB connecter, but it says in the Wii operations manual that I need a wired router. What the heck is a wired router?! Does it cost alot of money?

Cirrus said:
I'm gona get a USB connecter, but it says in the Wii operations manual that I need a wired router. What the heck is a wired router?! Does it cost alot of money?

It means you need a router that is hooked up, as in the cat5 from your modem going to your router's wan port.

If you don't have the router yet, you might as well go wireless. Wired routers are slightly cheaper, but once you add the cost of the adapter, the cost will probably come out about the same. Then you don't have to run cables.

registerednerd said:
If you don't have the router yet, you might as well go wireless. Wired routers are slightly cheaper, but once you add the cost of the adapter, the cost will probably come out about the same. Then you don't have to run cables.

The adapter is basically the same price as a wireless router.

Yeah, I bought my wireless router for $39.99, and it's worked very well. That's only $5 more than the adapter. However, you must consider that if you are very computer illiterate, the adapter may be easier to use (not sure). Most people have had problems with wireless routers in that they had to change from WPA to WEP to make their router and Wii work together. It's not too hard and you can find directions online I'm sure.

Back