I need computer help!

Reaper3000GT

Wii fo' life son. Werd.
Dec 1, 2006
Wii Online Code
7996-2972-4501-9971
You dont need to be a computer genios to help me just have computer smarts!

Hi first post. Well I bought my Geforce 5500 FX OC PCI 256MB yesterday at wallmart, it was origannly $129 but on sale for $40 well I bought it took it home and followed all the insturctions. After countless tries of getting it to work I would always get the same error. When I disable my current driver for the Intergrated nforce 6100 I get the restart your computer message I close out of that Install my new 5500 driver and shut down my computer, I then install the graphix card into the PCI slot and screw in the side. When I turn my computer on the card seems functinall because the little fan was on but when I plug my VGA cable to my moniter (LCD 17in Tantung) says "Signal Out of Range" and I just see a black screen and my moniter gose to standby mode. I called BFG tech support and the guy wasent very helpful but he told be to download BIOS updates for my computer witch i could not find and download the 66.93 driver for my card(I DONT KNOW WERE TO FIND THOSE LINKS WOULD HELP ME A BUNCH!). Well I did everything he told me but it still dose not work. I may have to take it back to wallmart if I can not fix the problem and buy a better one. If you guys need more information about my computer he it is:

Model:Acer Aspire T160
Processer: AMD Sempron 3200
Graphix Card: Nvidia Geforce 6100
Video BIOS Version: 5.51.22.24.02
IRQ: 16
BUS: Intergrated
Memory: 256MB
Forceware Version: 81.86

NEW GRAPHIX CARD INFO

Processor: Nvidia GeForce FX 5500
Bus Type: PCI
Memory: 256MB DDR
Core Clock: 290MHz
RAMDACs: Dual 350 MHz
API Support: Microsoft DirectX 9.0 and lower, Open GL 1.5 and lower for Microsoft Windows
Connectors: VGA, S-Video Out
Vertices/Sec: 72.5 Million

Hope all the information will help you help me lol. But If you could please help me with this I would be very thankful. I want to play Counter Strike Souce with no lag all you gamers know what I mean. But thanks in advanced for help!

school boy error, you have to keep your monitor plugged into the old socket, turn it on, log on, right click your desktop, go to properties, then it's on one of those tabs, you can choose which input u want for your monitor.

then you unplug it, and plug it in the otherone.

and all that fron a Mac user, cheers :D

Ok Ill try that later on to day :D
Mitch2025 said:
um. the GeForce 6100 in your PC now is better than the 5500 so i say take it back lol
And the reason I got the 5500 is because I can overclock it and such but the 6100 is intergrated and has no fan or anything. The 5500 has more things I can do to it :D

Last edited:
bubba-ga-nush said:
Does it take a lot of smarts to overclock it?
well my motherboard came with a bunch of nvidia apps (because it has an nvidia chipset) and one of the apps lets you OC your card (nvidia cards only though). its a nifty little program but ive never used it for anything except to check temps and fan speed. also i think it voids the warentee if you OC your card

Back